Ambroxol Hydrochloride

How to get rid of constant postnasal drip?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having postnasal drip for the past one month and had tablet Azee and Montair LC and took steam inhalation, but I think it got aggravated and the drip got thick because of it. I then consulted an ENT and he gave Nasomac AF spray, tablet Alaspan AM and Raciper 40. No improvement s...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are having constant post nasal drip. Is there any other symptom that is bothering you? Is there any lump sensation in the throat? Any nose block or runny nasal discharge? Any facial fullness? Did you ever have this problem before this month? Th...  Read Full »

How to get rid of phlegm?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 2.6 years old. His weight is 12 kg. He is a healthy and active child. But, he is getting coughs and cold at least once in a month for the past three months. Currently, he has a fever for the past two days (101 degree) and cold from today morning. I am giving him Cetirizine and...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son was having frequent infections for the last three months. Is there any source from which he might be getting it? Please try to identify it like whether he started going to school or any family member having the same symptoms. Then, probably try to rectify that...  Read Full »

What causes blood in sputum?

Query: Hello doctor, Over the last two days, I have had a bad sore throat. It also accompanies with a slight cough, trouble in sleeping, occasional uncommon sweating, body soreness or fatigue, slight vomiting and voice loss. It is not really getting better. It originally appeared to be just a bad cold, b...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With the details you have provided I strongly suspect that you are suffering from an acute upper respiratory tract infection. The bacterial products and body's response against the invading organisms are causing you the symptoms of sore throat, fever, sweating, fatigue, e...  Read Full »

Do Mucoram pill and Rhinocort spray interact with each other?

Query: Hi doctor, I took a Mucoram pill along with Rhinocort spray. Then, I had hyperventilating difficulty. I could not swallow and I cannot balance myself and felt more tired and weak. I feel that my brain became numb for a month. After a month, I am good now. But, still I feel some pressure and continuo...  Read Full »

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your question and I understand your concern. Mucoram (Ambroxol Hydrochloride) is a mucolytic and Rhinocort is a corticosteroid Budesonide. Together their use with no prior history of some chronic obstructive pulmonary disease like asthma makes it likely eith...  Read Full »

Are post-nasal drip and stomach ache symptoms of an allergy?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had a sore throat on and off, for the past few weeks. It is not severe, but more of an annoyance with some referred ear pain. This week, I had a family member, who is a nurse, look at my throat to see if it was red or irritated. She noted I had quite a bit of post-nasal drip, but...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be having some mild inflammation of the sinuses and nasal cavities. The same instead of causing headache or nose block is causing post-nasal drip which occasionally flares up as a sore throat. Let me suggest some medicines that I would do in my practice...  Read Full »

I coughed up worm-like mucus. Can it be a sign of worm cast in the right lung?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with flu five days back, it started with a productive cough and then progressed to body aches and fever. Body aches and high fever lasted for about 24 to 36 hours, but I have a constant low-grade fever. I started to feel better after three days, but the coughing was so...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is just phlegm and nothing else. Do not worry, such kind of a productive cough is common in viral bronchitis. Your treatment is going right. I would just suggest the addition of a bronchodilator syru...  Read Full »

How to get relief from nose block?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 32 years old. Since two weeks, I am suffering with cold, especially nose blockage. As per doctor advice, I had Mucolite SR and Mondeslor daily night. He also advised me to take vaporizer and salt water gargling but I did not do that. I used Otrivine nasal drop for immediate relief. W...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will answer your queries in the same order as you have asked me and explain to you the details wherever required. You can continue to take Mondeslor, Mucolite SR and Absolut 3G (omega 3) in the way you have told (and as advised by your doctor). Mucolite SR is a sustaine...  Read Full »

Can I continue taking Fluticasone Nasal Spray for sputum in my throat?

Query: Hello doctor, I have sputum always in my throat. I have this problem for the past six months. For the first two months, the sputum was in the larynx, and it was very less, but later on, the sputum began to go back to the throat. I recently consulted an ENT doctor and underwent a CT scan and a ch...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you continue the steroid nasal spray. It can be taken for long durations. Recovery time cannot be conclusively told. We need to have a look at the CT (computed tomography) film report. If the recovery is taking long, we need to do a nasal endosc...  Read Full »

Can Montral and Levolin syrup be given to children to treat wet cough?

Query: Hello doctor, My son has a wet cough with blocked nose having no fever. The doctor has prescribed medicines like Montral syrup and Levolin syrup and Metaspray nasal spray but no relief until date. I also medicate him with nasal drops of Otrivin. Please advise me whether can he continue with the sam...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son's symptoms are most probably due to viral upper respiratory infection which is not a serious condition. The medications prescribed are sufficient but you have to watch for fever and the color and amount of excreted phlegm. I suggest you add an expectorant ...  Read Full »

How can bronchiectasis be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 31 years old. I am suffering from high BP and I am currently on medication. I have no thyroid issues, no diabetes, and normal lipids. ECG and echo both are normal. But, the main problem is a little breathing difficulty. The X-ray of the chest is clear normal but the HRCT of the c...  Read Full »

Dr. Chandra Shekhar

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your all reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and want to say something. Your probable diagnosis is bronchiectasis. Early bronchiectasis does not mean you are a patient of bronchiectasis. Also, you have atelectasis. So, send me a picture ...  Read Full »