Q. Is it good to take Amoxicillin for tooth infection along with blood pressure tablets?

Dr. Isaac Gana
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

I have a tooth infection and started taking Amoxycillin 500 mg yesterday. I am taking Ecospirin 75 mg, Tazloc 40/5 mg, and Roseday F 10 mg daily. Is there any contraindication to take Amoxycillin along with these regular medicines?

#

There is no contraindication to any of these medicines.

Can I continue taking antibiotics along with my regular medicines?

#

Yes, you can go ahead and you can take medicines.

One of my teeth is loose. Can I pull it with my hand?

#

No, you should not attempt to pull the tooth using your hands and it is better to consult a dentist.

Thanks a lot for the right guidance.

#

You are most welcome. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions.

I want to upload my treadmill report and I am searching for it. My ECG report was normal and the Treadmill report showed me some indications.

#

When you get it, you upload it.

I am uploading the ECG and Treadmill report.

#

Most of the results are within the normal range. Your TMT (treadmill test) report seems to be positive. Please mention whether you had any chest pain during the stress test.

Kindly elaborate on the TMT positive report. Is it of concern?

#

A positive TMT report is not a diagnostic test for coronary heart disease. It is just an indicator. Please mention whether you have chest pain, shortness of breath, and diabetes. If you have these symptoms, then you might need to do a cardiac angiography test. This is a test that helps to diagnose coronary artery disease. But in your case, there is nothing to worry.

I do not have chest pain and I have done an angiogram before 14 years. I did a lipid profile before six months and I had a high level of cholesterol. I strongly believe that it is due to genetics. Even though I am following food control and exercise regularly, I am not able to control my cholesterol level. I have a brisk walk for one hour 20 minutes daily and I do not have any pain. My father got paralysis at the age of 55 due to stroke and heart problems. It was diagnosed later and so that I am keeping a check on these tests. Kindly suggest some tests other than ECG, TMT, and lipid profile to rule out the condition of heart health. Does stress echo is different from normal ECG? I am taking Ecospirin 75 mg, Tazloc 40 mg, and Roseday F 10 every day. I would like to know whether I am taking it in the right dosage.

#

I am happy to hear that you do not have chest pain. Continue doing walking as they are good for cardiovascular health. It is normal to have a high level of cholesterol and lipids at old age. As you have a family history of heart disease, you need to do ECG (electrocardiography), echocardiogram, lipid profile, and fasting blood sugar. These tests are sufficient to indicate a problem. The dosage is optimal for now in relation to the results of the investigations. Do not increase the dosage at this moment. Most of the medicines can cause some side effects and it is safer. Do not be worried about these side effects. Stopping these medicines can put you in serious danger. Monitor your blood pressure readings. If you have high blood pressure then you have to check it at least two times a week. If you develop any symptoms like chest pain, shortness of breath in the future, you seek medical attention immediately.

|