Q. My amylase and lipase levels are above normal. How to correct those levels?

Dr. Fatemeh Jadidi
Published on Nov 18, 2018

My lipase and amylase are above normal with a level of 100 U/L and 192 U/L. Can you suggest some supplements to restore them?

Dr. Fatemeh Jadidi

Naturopathy
#

Increased lipase and amylase level indicates a sign of other complication, and it needs to be diagnosed. Your BMI (body mass index) is 27.8 (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You need to reduce your weight through exercise and by following a healthy diet. However, your symptoms can also be caused due to pancreatitis, kidney dysfunction, gallbladder infection, or gallbladder stone. You have to do some test to rule out these complications.

You have to do CMP (comprehensive metabolic panel), CBC, and CT scan of the abdomen or ultrasound of pancreas and gallbladder. Also, drinking alcohol can cause hyperlipasemia. You have not mentioned about other symptoms. But if you have nausea, that stops you from eating, diarrhea, pain, fever or abnormal sweating, then you need to see a doctor soon.

My daughter has cough. Shall I give her Dexona?

Query: Hello doctor, My 5 year old daughter is suffering from a cough and mild fever for the last four days. Doctor prescribed with LCF Syrup and Azithral Syrup, but she is still coughing. Today, when she was sleeping, we heard cracking and wheezing sound and difficulty in breathing. Shall I give her Dexon...  Read Full »

When do amylase and lipase levels become normal after heavy drinking episode?

Query: Hello doctor, I drank for five days heavily and was admitted to a hospital with hangover and heartburn. They took the test and my amylase and lipase were little high. Then they gave me medicines. Past one week, I am taking Panblock morning and night and Encremin. My health is alright now but my amy...  Read Full »

Is CT scan safe during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old female, and I was hospitalized for a week due to UTI. As a part of it, a CT scan was taken, which showed that I am completely cured. Then the next day, a blood test showed two weeks pregnancy. I am worried that the CT scan would have an adverse effect on the baby. C...  Read Full »

Ask a Naturopathy Specialist Now