Q. What is the ayurvedic treatment for anal blood discharge?

Dr. Alka
Published on Apr 01, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jul 06, 2019

I have been suffering from anal blood discharge for the past four months. But I did not take it seriously as I had been traveling. Today I consulted a surgeon and after checking he advised to go for surgery as he discovered fistula. Can you recommend me the Ayurvedic procedure of cure as I do not want to go with surgery and I have read on your website that with surgery there is a chance of recurrence? How longer does it take for the cure? What would be the process of therapy?

Dr. Alka

#

I just read your query. As you do not want to undergo a surgery, in Ayurveda, Kshar sutra procedure is performed for fistula in the anus. It is a procedure where a medicated thread is bound at your fistula site and after some days your treating physician will change it. Ultimately this thread will cut down the fistula tract as well as will also help in its healing. Along with this, your doctor may also prescribe you some medicines and you have to take treatment for avoiding constipation also.

According to the condition of your fistula, he will let you know that for how long you have to bind this thread. Usually two to four weeks is the time period but time may vary according to patient to patient. It is a cost-effective treatment with minimal side effects and minimal chances of reoccurrence. You can know more about it from a nearby Ayurvedic hospital or Ayurvedic physician who perform this procedure.

For more information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

| 

Is the procedure painful? Do we need to get admitted to some hospital for this?

Dr. Alka

#

The procedure is not too painful. However, some physician also use local anesthesia while performing it, as a result, the area becomes numb and you can not feel the pain till the procedure ends. In local anesthesia, an injection is given at the site of procedure. Usually it is a day care procedure and after performing the procedure you can get discharge in the evening, but sometimes if patient has some issue then he has to stay for a day in the hospital.

| 

Kindly suggest some ayurveda medicine for my anal fistula.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37 year old male. I am facing fistula problem. I have visited a doctor and taking allopathy medicine for the last one year. I would like to go with ayurveda treatment. I am getting a problem with the fistula at least once in a month and if I take allopathy medicine, then it will r...  Read Full »

Could bleeding ulcer be the reason for anal bleeding?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain in the left side just below my breast all that way to the back. When I go to the bathroom, my stool has blood. It has been bleeding for two days, even without a bowel movement. The bleeding is in my anus. If I drink oregano team, then it will stop. But, will start bleeding aft...  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now