Anal Discomfort

Why does my butt hurt after anal sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I had anal sex and now my butt has been hurting all day for six days now. And every time I have to poop or wipe it, it is very painful. It is very uncomfortable when I sit or lay on my butt.  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There might be a small tear in the anal region, which is commonly called as an anal fissure. Even a small fissure can be really painful as it causes a spasm of the anal opening. It heals slowly, as it gets irritated repeatedly during the bowel movement. You might eve...  Read Full »

Can skin thinning result from Anovate cream?

Query: Hi doctor, Around 1 year ago, I was diagnosed with anal fissure. My doctor has prescribed me a topical steroid cream, Anovate and I used it for about eight months. My fissure was healed, but I was left with constant pain, itching and pricking sensation around the anus while walking. I was not able ...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Anal fissure develops due to erosion of anal mucosa during hard straining particularly in constipated person. This is the main cause for it. So, prevention or treatment of constipation is very important. Once the anal mucosa get eroded due to straining, then the norm...  Read Full »

Can Candid be used for anal fissure?

Query: Hello doctor, I did not feel the urge to pass stool for two days. Yesterday morning (day 3), I had the urge to pass stool, but I was not able to as I guess my stool had become too hard. In a state of panic, instead of taking a stool softener, etc., I pushed way too hard for way too long. As a resul...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is probably not a fissure, but just an erosion. It may lead to fissure if such repeated traumas are occurring. For fast healing, the important thing is that there should not be re-trauma. So, use regular stool softener like Lactulose 15 mL to 30 mL bedtime till wo...  Read Full »

Please suggest home remedies for hot sensation in the anus.

Query: Hi doctor, What are some of the home remedies for burning sensation of the Anus? What is the reason for this burning sensation? It happens whenever I eat outside food. Though I did not eat more spicy food, why it is happening.  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The following are the causes for burning sensation in the anus. Spicy foods Hard food such as bread that causes constipation Less water consumption Excess tea and coffee consumption Foods that easily causes heat in the body Frequent diarrhea o...  Read Full »

There is a painless bump near anus. Please suggest some medicine.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a painless peanut size bump near the outer side of my anus. I have attached snaps for your reference. It has been there since last 10 years. But, for the past one year I feel it is growing. Sometimes, it bleeds, but no pain at all. It is just like an extended mass and it feels ver...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you have a fissure and bleeding was from the fissure site as seen in the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The bump you are showing is hemorrhoid near the fissure. You might have chronic constipation in the past due to which you require st...  Read Full »

Skin Around My Anus Have White Spots

Query: Hi doctor, For about a month or so, I have been dealing with what I thought was hemorrhoids. I have used preparation H suppositories and some cream and they seem to help some. The pain starts after or during a bowel movement and there is blood on the toilet paper almost every time I wipe. Today, I d...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like skin growth outside the anus and not hemorrhoids (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do consult your nearby surgeon as early as possible and do whatever required. You may need a biopsy of the lesion for diagnosis. You may also need a colonosc...  Read Full »

Why is my anal area always moist?

Query: Hello doctor,My anal area is always moist. What could be the reason? I am 26 years old, female.  Read Full »

Dr. Padmesh Jain

General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be because of overactive sweat glands, oily skin with or without chronic low-grade infection. After bathing let the area dry completely, use pure cotton undergarments and use Myoderm-C dusting powder over your anal area as well as sprinkle some on the pant...  Read Full »

Please suggest some cure for pruritis ani.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a skin condition. As per my research, it could be pruritus ani. But I am sure I would get a proper and accurate diagnosis from your end. I have a severe itchy bum and have been suffering from the same for almost eight years. I have never had the courage to consult a dermatologist ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay Kumar

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Microbiologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I can understand your concerns as I have analyzed each detail that you have provided. I have managed lots of cases with matching condition and feel that you too will make good use of the information and suggestions. First please get your stool tests done on three conse...  Read Full »

Do my symptoms mean cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I had an anal fissure a few months back due to constipation and it got healed with medication. For a week, I have constipation due to the change in my diet and lack of water intake. Whenever I had a bowel movement, I would get some prickly sensation in the anal...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms of constipation associated with pricking pain and itching in the anal area as well as blood in stools lead to a unified diagnosis of anal fissure. An anal fissure is a small tear or crack in the lining of the anus. It may occur when passing large or hard s...  Read Full »

My hemorrhoid surgery postponed due to low HB. How to prevent further anal shrinkage?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24-year-old woman suffering from hemorrhoids. I have a feeling that my anus is reducing in size. My doctor has advised me to do a surgery for removing it. But my hemoglobin levels are low. So my doctor recommended me to increase the hemoglobin levels. I am taking iron supplements ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have to remove piles through surgery as it is increasing in size. Anal shrinkage is not a complication of piles. Because of the enlargement seen in piles, the anal area looks shrank. You can take a stool softener for piles like Cremaffin syrup (Liquid paraffin with ...  Read Full »