Q. What is the home remedy for burning sensation of the anus?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Published on May 01, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 20, 2019

What are some of the home remedies for burning sensation of the Anus? What is the reason for this burning sensation? It happens whenever I eat outside food. Though I did not eat more spicy food, why it is happening.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

Welcome to icliniq.com. The following are the causes for burning sensation in the anus.

• Spicy foods
  • Hard food such as bread that causes constipation
  • Less water consumption
  • Excess tea and coffee consumption
  • Foods that easily causes heat in the body
  • Frequent diarrhea or constipation as there is too much stress on the anus sphincter muscle.
  • Worm infection in the intestine and worm movement in anus.
  • Also, any infection in the anal region and first degree piles where the anal mucosa bulges out.

Here are some home remedies for curing the burning sensation of the anus.

• Stop tea and coffee permanently.
  • Reduce spices in the food.
  • Drink fresh fruit juices or cucumber juice or tender coconut water.
  • Drink more water daily.Consume more buttermilk or curd.
  • Avoid straining during defecation.
  • Have a good sleep. Lie down (sleep) in the left lateral side of the body.
  • If you feel worms moving sensation (itching) in the anus, then take allopathy drugs (Mebendazole tablet three days twice daily) after consulting your family doctor.
  • After washing the anus with water, clean with cloth and dry. Apply cow ghee in the anus. This can be done before bed and before going out of home at morning. This is the best medicine.
  • Everyday evening, sit in a tub or bucket of mild warm water for 30 minutes.

Is it safe to give Albendazole twice in a short interval?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 1 year 5 month old now. He was treated with Albid suspension for worm before two months. Again he has same symptoms of worm infection now. What can I do? Is it safe to give him Albid or other medicine for worm within short interval of two months? Please suggest.  Read Full >>

Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can give him Albid (Albendazole) 10 ml at night before sleep. But, I suggest you to give syrup Bandy Plus (combination of Albendazole and Ivermectin) 10 ml at night before sleep. Because, Albid contains only Albendazole while Bandy Plus contains Albendaz...  Read Full

My child is passing stool with bright red blood in evenings. Suggest ayurvedic cure.

Query: Hello doctor, I have an 8-year-old girl child who weighs 30 kg. She passes stool with blood in bright red color only at evening i.e., the second time of the day when she goes to the toilet. But in the morning, she do not have any complaint. Some abdominal pain is also there. Her scan report is norm...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If it is before defecation then might be piles, polyp, proctitis, ulcerative colitis, amebic dysentery or a diverticulum. If it is after defecation, then might be a fissure in the anus or foreign body. It would be clear after a physical examination and other details abo...  Read Full

What should I apply for anal itching?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel very itchy around the anus. It feels like I need to press around the periphery for it to stop. There is no pain, just irritation. I have had hemorrhoids once before, but this is not the same. I do not feel any pimples or problems in opening bowel. I tried Glyvenol cream for a f...  Read Full >>

Dr. Aamir Mohd

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should apply Calamine lotion at the place where it is itching thrice a day for a week and take tablet Loratadine 10 mg once a day for a week. I would like to review after a week and please send me the picture of it. Revert back with the photographs to an internal ...  Read Full

Ask a Naturopathy Specialist Now