Q. What is the home remedy for burning sensation of the anus?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
This is a premium question & answer published on May 01, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 20, 2019

What are some of the home remedies for burning sensation of the Anus? What is the reason for this burning sensation? It happens whenever I eat outside food. Though I did not eat more spicy food, why it is happening.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com. The following are the causes for burning sensation in the anus.

• Spicy foods
  • Hard food such as bread that causes constipation
  • Less water consumption
  • Excess tea and coffee consumption
  • Foods that easily causes heat in the body
  • Frequent diarrhea or constipation as there is too much stress on the anus sphincter muscle.
  • Worm infection in the intestine and worm movement in anus.
  • Also, any infection in the anal region and first degree piles where the anal mucosa bulges out.

Here are some home remedies for curing the burning sensation of the anus.

• Stop tea and coffee permanently.
  • Reduce spices in the food.
  • Drink fresh fruit juices or cucumber juice or tender coconut water.
  • Drink more water daily.Consume more buttermilk or curd.
  • Avoid straining during defecation.
  • Have a good sleep. Lie down (sleep) in the left lateral side of the body.
  • If you feel worms moving sensation (itching) in the anus, then take allopathy drugs (Mebendazole tablet three days twice daily) after consulting your family doctor.
  • After washing the anus with water, clean with cloth and dry. Apply cow ghee in the anus. This can be done before bed and before going out of home at morning. This is the best medicine.
  • Everyday evening, sit in a tub or bucket of mild warm water for 30 minutes.

| 

Can I give two doses of Albendazole to my 1.5-month-old baby in a short interval?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 1 year 5 month old now. He was treated with Albid suspension for worm before two months. Again he has same symptoms of worm infection now. What can I do? Is it safe to give him Albid or other medicine for worm within short interval of two months? Please suggest.  Read Full »

My child is passing stool with bright red blood in evenings. Suggest ayurvedic cure.

Query: Hello doctor, I have an 8-year-old girl child who weighs 30 kg. She passes stool with blood in bright red color only at evening i.e., the second time of the day when she goes to the toilet. But in the morning, she do not have any complaint. Some abdominal pain is also there. Her scan report is norm...  Read Full »

What should I apply for anal itching?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel very itchy around the anus. It feels like I need to press around the periphery for it to stop. There is no pain, just irritation. I have had hemorrhoids once before, but this is not the same. I do not feel any pimples or problems in opening bowel. I tried Glyvenol cream for a f...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Naturopathy Specialist Now