Q. I am concerned about the blood lost due to anal fissure. Please help.

Dr. Arvind Guru

A few days ago I had a case of some tough diarrhea which probably resulted in an anal fissure. As an area of the anus has swollen and there was extreme sharp pain with every try for bowel movement. After a day or two it got better I woke up not feeling the pain and being very happy and confident that the fissure has healed. Then when I went to use the toilet there was a little sharp pain and everything went well until I looked down and realized that there was a lot of blood. The water was red with splashes of blood around it and every time I would push a little a large drop of blood would fall into the water. I got scared and nearly passed out. At the moment this is the second day I went to the toilet like three times and three times everythin goes well and then I push a little and comes out a lot of blood. I won't be able to visit a doctor up until after tomorrow so I really need medical advice I'm very concerned for the blood I'm loosing everytime I use the toilet. I'm 17 years old if that's relevant

#

Hi Welcome to icliniq First of all, if you are losing so much of blood that you nearly passed out, then go to the emergency of a hospital and see a doctor without delay. Nothing is more important than your life. Second, if it was the sight of blood that made you feel like pass out and the amount of blood was 10 -15 min, then it could be because of Hemorrhoids. In the second case: 1 Take plenty of fluids. 2-3 Liter per day, unless you have some kidney or heart disease. 2 High fibre diet - whole cereals, veggies, salads 3 Over the counter stool softeners, in case you have constipation. Still see a surgeon within a week's time. I hope that helps.

Internal Hemorrhoids

|