Q. I am concerned about the blood lost due to anal fissure. Please help.

Dr. Arvind Guru
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 22, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 23, 2021

I am 17 years old. A few days back, I had hard stools and it resulted in causing anal fissure. My anal area became swollen and I started to have extreme sharp pain with every bowel movement. After two days, I waked up with a feeling of less pain and I was confident that my fissure has got healed. When I went to use my toilet, I started to have sharp pain and everything went well until I look down. I saw a lot of blood. The water was red with splashes of blood around it. Every time, when I tried to push out, a large drop of blood fallen out in the water and I got scared. On the second day, I went to the toilet three times and everything went well. After that, when I pushed a little, I started to have a lot of blood. I really need medical advice. I am concerned about the blood lost every time while using the toilet.

#

If you are losing so much blood that you nearly passed out, then you can go to an emergency and consult a doctor soon without any delay. If you have slight blood that made you feel like pass out, then it can be due to hemorrhoids. Take plenty of fluids around two to three liters per day unless if you have any kidney or heart disease. You can take a high-fiber diet such as cereals, veggies, and salads. You can take over-the-counter soft stool softeners. If you have constipation even after following these measures, then you can consult a doctor soon within a week.

You seem to have internal hemorrhoids.

|