Q. I am concerned about the blood lost due to anal fissure. Please help.

Dr. Arvind Guru

A few days ago I had a case of some tough diarrhea which probably resulted in an anal fissure. As an area of the anus has swollen and there was extreme sharp pain with every try for bowel movement. After a day or two it got better I woke up not feeling the pain and being very happy and confident that the fissure has healed. Then when I went to use the toilet there was a little sharp pain and everything went well until I looked down and realized that there was a lot of blood. The water was red with splashes of blood around it and every time I would push a little a large drop of blood would fall into the water. I got scared and nearly passed out. At the moment this is the second day I went to the toilet like three times and three times everythin goes well and then I push a little and comes out a lot of blood. I won't be able to visit a doctor up until after tomorrow so I really need medical advice I'm very concerned for the blood I'm loosing everytime I use the toilet. I'm 17 years old if that's relevant

#

Hi Welcome to icliniq First of all, if you are losing so much of blood that you nearly passed out, then go to the emergency of a hospital and see a doctor without delay. Nothing is more important than your life. Second, if it was the sight of blood that made you feel like pass out and the amount of blood was 10 -15 min, then it could be because of Hemorrhoids. In the second case: 1 Take plenty of fluids. 2-3 Liter per day, unless you have some kidney or heart disease. 2 High fibre diet - whole cereals, veggies, salads 3 Over the counter stool softeners, in case you have constipation. Still see a surgeon within a week's time. I hope that helps.

Internal Hemorrhoids

| 

Vomiting and Diarrhea

Article Overview: Vomiting and diarrhea are the most common symptoms of stomach flu (viral gastroenteritis), but there are many other causes. It is not always serious and gets better in a couple of days.  Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Vomiting and diarrhea are the most common symptoms of stomach flu (viral gastroenteritis), but there are many other causes. It is not always serious and gets better in a couple of days. Rest and drinking fluids to prevent dehydration are the only treatment that is needed, but it is not always true. ...  Read Article

Antibiotic-Associated Diarrhea (AAD)

Article Overview: Antibiotic-associated diarrhea (AAD) is the passing of watery stools after taking antibiotics. It results from infection by antibiotic-resistant pathogens. Read Article

Dr. Geethu Thomas

The consequences of long-term antibiotic administration are diarrhea, antibiotic resistance, impaired immunity, increased cost of treatment, organ failures and deaths and reduction in beneficial phytoestrogens. Antibiotic-associated diarrhea (AAD) is unexplained diarrhea associated with the use of a...  Read Article

I am having itching and infected skin between anus and genital area. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have got some itching and infected skin in-between anus and genital area. It started more than a year ago near the anus and it is increasing its area slowly. White dry dead skin comes at the surface of the infected area when not lubricated. I thought it will heal in some time by app...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Surgical Gastroenterologist Now