Q. I have soreness in my anus for two months despite applying Xyloproct ointment. Why?

Dr. Acha Varun Babu
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

For almost two months, I have been experiencing soreness in my anus. There is no blood, but the pain worsens after a bowel movement and is continuous. I have tried Xyloproct ointment to alleviate the pain, but it is not helping. I am taking Prilocaine LA twice daily, Rapidene 1 g three times daily, Flagyl 400 mg three times daily, Pantoprazole 20 mg twice daily, and Domperidone 10 mg three times daily. Kindly help me.

#

As for your history concerned, you need a clinical examination. From your history point of view, it could be a fissure in ano, less likely hemorrhoids. But they both are confirmed only by clinical examination. Any constipation history do you have? Do you feel any itching in the perianal region?

I suggest you take the following medication:

1) Syrup Lactihep (Lactitol) 20 ml at night.

2) Lactifibre powder (Lactitol and Ispaghula) in two teaspoons in one glass of water two times a day.

3) Ointment Anobliss (Lidocaine and Nifedipine) for local application in the anal region.

4) Tablet Ultracet (Paracetamol or Acetaminophen and Tramadol) morning and evening for five days.

5) Tablet Pantop-D SR (Pantoprazole and Domperidone) daily in the morning, half an hour before breakfast.

Try to follow the below advice:

1) Change your dietary habits.

2) Take a high-fiber diet.

3) Avoid non-vegetarian food.

4) Plenty of oral fluids around four to five liters in a day.

5) Sitz bath (pour lukewarm water in a tub and sit for 15 minutes) twice a day.

If you have any difficulties after the medications suggested above, please consult your doctor immediately.

I hope this was helpful.

|