Q. There is an anal fistula with release of pus. What ayurvedic medicine should I take?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

I have had fistula two years ago. It healed without surgery, but now it has again developed with the release of pus. I am taking ayurvedic tablets.

Do you have a question on Anal Fistula or Ksharasutra Therapy?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

B.SC. ., B.A.M.S.., M.D.(AYURVEDA)., C.C.Y.P

An anorectal fistula is an abnormal channel from the anus or rectum usually to the skin near the anus.

A fistula may be painful and discharge pus.

We can determine its direction by inserting the probe.

Sometimes it is healed with proper medications and changed lifestyle. But if its root (fibrosed tissues) remain inside the sinuses, then it recurs due to changes in food habits and lifestyles.

Ksharasutra ligation treatment is the best option to treat it.

Now you are taking good medicines to this concern. You can add Amrita Bhallataka one teaspoon twice a day after meals. But the ultimate treatment is Ksharasutra ligation treatment.

For more information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

Kindly suggest some ayurveda medicine for my anal fistula.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37 year old male. I am facing fistula problem. I have visited a doctor and taking allopathy medicine for the last one year. I would like to go with ayurveda treatment. I am getting a¬†problem with the fistula at least once in a month and if I take allopathy medicine, then it will r...  Read Full »
Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A fistula is an ancient disease documented in traditional medicines such as ayurveda and siddha. It is common in Asian countries due to climate and some dietary habits. If possible, you can consult nearby an ayurvedic surgery (Shalya tantra) expert in the ayurved...  Read Full »

Can taking Ayurvedic medicines for anal fistula cause loose stools?
Query: Hello doctor, I am currently taking ayurvedic medicines for anal fistula. I am taking Gulgulu Panchapalam tablet, Shallaki tablet, Step tablet and Gulguluthiktham liquid with Nimbadi liquid thrice a day. My doubt is can it cause loose stools? I have soft unformed stools and loose stools. Please repl...  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. The medicines you are taking for your problem are very good for anal fistula and has very good results in healing a fistula. As far as your problem is concerned, any of above-mentioned medicines do not have any known side effects but sometimes m...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now