I have been having a random itching sensation around my anal area for the past week. I think it is because of wiping the anal area with toilet paper. Can you please suggest any creams for this?
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I read your query and understand your concern.
Please answer the following questions.
1. Is this itching more during the morning or night-time?
2. Do you feel any soreness around the back passage?
3. Are there any blood streaks on toilet paper when you wipe?
4. Are there any blood particles in the stools?
5. Do you have itching anywhere else on the body?
Thank you for your response.
1. No blood in stools.
2. Had loose stools last week and had random itching in the anal area.
3. Sometimes, itching starts after passing gas or stool and sometimes randomly and sometimes before I pass stool.
4. There are two to three spots around different areas in the anus, increasing with itching.
Welcome back to icliniq.com
As you had loose stools the past week, too frequent washing could have created irritation around the anus. Try to avoid moisture in the anus area. Clean the anus area with a clean cloth and apply some over-the-counter dusting powder after drying the part in the morning. The same procedures can be repeated at night before going to bed. Do not scratch it further; else, it will only increase the problem.
Thank you for your response.
1. Can you please suggest any specific powder?
2. Can I use ointments if the itching is not reducing with powders?
I also have a squishy pouch outside my anus which I assume is hemorrhoid. But it has been there for years and never hurts or pains.
Welcome back to icliniq.com.
You can use Clotrimazole containing dusting powder as it is available over the counter.
As you mentioned in the previous query, the tissue mass present in the anus region may be hemorrhoid. But I cannot confirm it without examination. Often minor bleeding can cause itching due to the iron components from dried-up blood.
If you are not relieved with the above measures, I suggest visiting your doctor for a local examination and further action. I hope this helps.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
Hemorrhoids: Prolonged constipation and other conditions like putting too much pressure or stress on your anus can cause hemorrhoids ... Even though more commonly combined with constipation, hemorrhoids are also one of the common causes of burning di... Read fullWatery Diarrhea - Not Always Due to Food Poisoning
.. watery diarrhea can be due to a severe condition called exocrine pancreatic insufficiency? Read the article to know more about this condition .. ... Read fullWhat is the reason for anal bleeding?
.. history, I feel she must be having fissures in the anus or piles (hemorrhoids). As she is constipated every time she goes to the toilet it stretches the analysis area and can cause tears and bleed. Even the piles can also bleed. Now coming to the ... Read full
Also Read Answers From:
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now