Q. I have anal pain even two weeks after a piles surgery. Is it normal?

Dr. Alka
Published on Nov 17, 2017

I had undergone piles surgery two weeks ago. Still, I have pain in the anal area during bowel movements.

Dr. Alka

#

I just read your query.

• After surgery, the pain might take some time to subside. In some patients, it goes away in one to two weeks. However, in some people, it takes up to four weeks. It is normal, do not worry. However, if you face unbearable pain, then do consult your physician immediately.
  • As you have been taking Ayurvedic medicine, you must have been taking some laxative to avoid constipation.
  • If you are not taking any medicine, then take Triphala Churan, two teaspoons at bedtime with lukewarm water for 10 days. Do not take anything after taking Triphala Churan.
  • Drink plenty of water. Take more of a fibrous diet to avoid constipation.
  • Do a slow walk daily at least for 30 minutes.
  • Take sitz bath daily two times a day. You can take it for three times too and take after passing stool. For a sitz bath, take some lukewarm water in a tub and add some betadine liquid in it and sit for 10 to 15 minutes.

I hope you are satisfied with my answer.  Consult me after 10 days regarding improvement and for further management.

For further queries consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

| 

28 days after a piles surgery, I am bleeding through the stools. What can I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a patient of piles. 28 days ago, I had a surgery. Now, there is a slight bleeding through the stool. What can I do? Please tell me.  Read Full »

Kindly suggest medicines for piles and blood in stools.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having blood in stools and I have piles. I also have pain in passing the stools. Can you suggest some medicine?  Read Full »

What to do for bleeding piles?

Query: Hi doctor, I had my kidney transplant two months ago. Now, I am suffering from piles. Can you suggest me some medicine?  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now