Q. Is Biotin scientifically proven to treat hair fall?

Dr. Snehal Laul
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I have severe hair fall issues. What should I do? Can I trust Biotin or any other supplements? If do what are the best supplements for stronger hair?

#

Attach the clinical picture to assess scalp hair density and type of hair loss so we can guide you accordingly.

1. Is your hair thinning?
  2. Do you have diffuse hair loss?
  3. Do you have male pattern hair loss?

Thank you for your reply.

I do not have clinical pictures, but I do can take a photo of my scalp. I think my hair fall is due to hair thinning. The fallen hair is comparatively thinner than others, or it might be due to male pattern hair loss. I do not know the exact cause. Please help me to solve my receding hairline problem. Till now, I have been trying to avoid Minoxidil.

#

• Capsule Perfectil plus (Biotin. omega acids, and Co-enzyme Q10) twice daily after food for 30 days.
  • Tablet Zinc gluconate 100 mg once daily after dinner for two months.
  • Increase protein intake in your diet.
  • Eat eggs, fish, curd, milk, lentils(dal), chicken, pulses, walnuts, and almonds.
  • Eat spinach, broccoli, lemon, oranges, avocado, pineapple, kiwi, papaya, carrots, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, seafood, cheese, rajma, fortified cereals, oats, cauliflower, onion, and whole grains.

It is Androgenic Alopecia due to hormonal imbalance and genetic causes.

Also, there is dandruff.

• Use Ketoscalp (Ketoconazole 2% and Zinc pyrithione 1%) shampoo on alternate days for two weeks, then twice weekly for six weeks.
  • Avoid oil application as oil acts as food for dandruff.
  • Never comb wet hair.
  • Avoid hot shower bath on hair.
  • Use a broad tooth comb and comb gently.

Thank you for your answer.

But many say that biotin is not scientifically proven for the hair loss remedy. Is that true? And I also have another problem of frequent urination, especially at night, even when I drink less water. I do not know what the exact reason is.

#

Biotin is a good hair supplement.

Urinary tract infection or possible STI (sexually transmitted disease) could cause increased frequency of urination.

• Are you sexually active?
  • Did you have unprotected sex in the last three months?
  • Do you have burning and painful urination?
  • Do you have urethral discharge?
  • Do you have hazy or cloudy urine?

|