Q. Is there any ayurvedic remedy for severe hair fall and reduced density?

Dr. Alka
Published on Dec 04, 2019

The density of my hair is decreasing and I have a severe hair fall. It looks like an androgenic alopecia to me. Please suggest any natural medicine which can reduce this or block the DHT. I am currently taking Antoxid HD and Zincovit.

Dr. Alka

#

I read your query. Take Bhringraj oil and do gentle massage with it of your scalp on every alternate day and wash your hair with mild herbal shampoo. Take Capsule Bhringraj two capsules two times a day with water for two weeks. Consult me after two weeks regarding improvement and for further management or you can consult your nearby reputed ayurveda physician if you want to.

After two weeks.

| 

I applied Baidyanath Bhringraj oil on every alternate day and washed with mild SSCPL herbal shampoo (hair fall repair) and took two of the Bhringraj Ghana tablets. However, until now I have not seen any significant results. My hairs are falling, thinning out, and during oiling and shampoo it falls more. Not only the old hair breaks but also the new and small growing ones also break. My hair density has reduced and I have limp hair. While touching my scalp I can feel small hair specially where there is partition and my hair strands have become brittle. So kindly advise should I continue applying this oil every alternate day and washing it or are there any other things? How much time will it take to give the results? I am attaching the images for your perusal.

Dr. Alka

#

I just read your query and saw the attached files you sent to me. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It is male pattern baldness or androgenetic alopecia. In androgenetic alopecia the main cause is hormonal imbalance or due to genetics. Medicines can help you up to some extent but you cannot cure it properly. With the help of the medicine you can get relief up to some extent and new hairs may take around 3-12 months to grow.

Hair transplant is the newest​ option available for this problem, but it should be chosen in the last when there is extensive hair loss. In your pictures, hair loss is there but you did not require hair transplant right now. Try the above mentioned treatment for one month, along with that add tablet Asthiposhak two tablets two times a day with water after food for one month.

Add figs, curry leaves, dates, and raisins in your diet. Take Triphala Churan two teaspoons at bedtime with lukewarm water for 10 days. Do not take anything after taking Triphala powder. Take one glass of lukewarm milk and add a pinch of black pepper and turmeric powder in it. It will improve your immunity and will help in reducing hair fall. Try all these things regularly for one month. If you feel better results then do consult me for further management, otherwise, you need to visit a nearby reputed dermatologist after one month if hair fall did not stop.

After one month.

| 

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now