Q. Please suggest the best diet plan to help my anemia and hair problems.

Dr. Subharanjini Ramesh

I am looking to change my diet for a healthier self. I have ongoing issues like anemia, hormonal acne, and thinning hair. I want a diet plan to help with these issues and my overall health. Please suggest.

#

What is your hemoglobin level now? If it has reached normal levels, please stop taking the iron tablets. I do not advise antibiotics for acne problem also. Get a complete blood test done including thyroid tests. What about your menstrual cycle? Is it normal? Please do get back with all the details.

Diet advise for low hemoglobin levels:

Start taking unsalted nuts daily around 10-12. Every day eat dates. Take green leafy vegetables weekly thrice. Make palak soup with carrot, onion, garlic and ginger. This is very good in increasing the iron content.

Include whole pulses like rajma and channa. Go for sprouted moong with lemon juice. Organic poha is a good source of iron. Always add lemon juice in your food. It will increase the better iron utilization. All fruits and vegetables are allowed. Eat healthy nutritious foods for overall health benefits.

If you are a non-vegetarian, eat organ meats weekly thrice. Organic whole egg is also good for health. Chicken and fish weekly twice is a must. The foods which are rich in iron content will automatically aid in hair growth. Both are interrelated.

Take raw vegetables like cucumbers often. It will aid in hair growth. Rub oil to your scalp. Try using egg white, fenugreek powder with curd. Apply as a pack and wash it off. Do not stress too much about hair fall. It will have negative impact on your body.

Control the oil intake in your diet. If you eat healthy foods, definitely your skin will start glowing. Avoid junk intake. That will really add too much to your existing problem. Use face masks preferably prepared at home to clean your skin.

|