Q. How can I fix my anger issues?

Dr. Ruhi Satija

I have serious anger issues, and I cannot think positively. My mind is filled with negative thoughts, and I end up hurting people who are close to me. How to cope with anger issues?

Kindly help.

#

Thank you for your query.

Anger is a natural human emotion, but sometimes it can destroy our relationships. Therefore, I suggest you follow the instructions mentioned below.

1. Learn techniques that relax you and help you control your reaction when you are angry.
  2. Work on your subconscious thoughts called cognitive distortions, which cause the anger in the first place.
  3. Learn how to use your anger constructively.
  4. Consult a therapist trained in cognitive behavioral therapy.

I hope this has helped you. Thank you.

|