Q. I have a serious anger issue, and I shouted at my husband. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 31, 2020

Good day,I have a very serious issue with anger,I tend to get angry at a very slightest reason and it's last for so long. Just yesterday after having time with my husband, I got really provoked with what he said and kept on shouting and shouting, after sometime I got really ashamed of myself. He really wants to opt out of the relationship. And I'm scared Can I get help please


thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. you have an anger issue and it will surely lead you big troubles in your life. anger is impulsive. if you manage your self for 1min then your anger will dissolve. you should try to follow below when you get angry. 1) when you get angry then either you should move from that place or move from that person. do not speak at that time 2) when you get angry then you must watch at the clock for 1minute before speaking or reacting. you should also follow below lifestyle to reduce your anger in life. You should do exercises daily for 30 - 45 minutes like at least going for a walk. it will divert your anger. You should do meditation for 20 minutes daily, just sit at one place in a comfortable position and try to concentrate on your normal breathing, don't stop or force yourself to stop your thoughts, just let it be. it will help you get calm. You should eat healthy home-cooked foods, avoid junk foods. You must drink enough water. You should spend quality time with friends and family daily or do video calls if you are living away from your family. You should spend time on creative hobbies like reading good books, writing journals, painting, drawing, learning new skills or language or musical instruments. You should take enough 7 - 8 hours of sleep daily. You must avoid tobacco or alcohol or any substance abuse. I hope that you get your answer. Please, let me know if you want some help. Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Postpartum Depression

It is normal to have mood swings, crying spells, anxiety, and sleep problems in the first few weeks after delivery, but if you are depressed for a longer time, then prompt treatment is neede...   Read full

How to Manage Anger?

.. and we all get angry at some point or the other, isn't it? Sometimes we get mad and impatient due to a lot of traffic due to which you get scolded by your boss for reaching late. Sometimes you might get angry on your close friend because of not me...   Read full

How do I control my anger?

.. are describing sounds like intermittent explosive disorder which is an impulse control disorder. In it, there are explosive anger outbursts during which your anger makes you do and utter things which you repent after the episode. It is treated wit...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Does uncontrolled anger mean bipolar or borderline personality disorder?

Query: Hi doctor, I always get angered at my mom and I always yell at her. I have also found some symptoms which indicate that I have either bipolar or borderline personality disorder and I cannot control my anger usually. No matter how much I try to stop, I always end up yelling and screaming like a mani...  Read Full »

Also Read

Sinusitis - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
Sinusitis is the infection of the air cavities within the nasal passages. Normally, the healthy sinuses are filled with ...  Read more»
Asthma and Its Rising Incidence
This article explains about asthma and its causes. It also focuses on the benefits of starting early treatment to lead a...  Read more»
Parkinson's Disease: Historical Aspects and Current Treatment Approaches
This article discusses the historical aspects of Parkinsonism and, the evidence based approaches currently available for...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Psychiatrist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.