Q. How to handle a spouse with an anger issue and fight the anxiety caused by it?

Answered by
Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 18, 2023

Hello doctor,

I am a 25-year-old female. I have severe anxiety due to my husband’s behavior. I do not know why he is always angry with me. We got married three years back and have a two-year-old kid. From the day of our marriage to till date, he is not talking with me properly. He will always face me with angriness. I am trying to speak with him softly and want to know why. But he is not cooperative and does not even respond to me properly. I do not know what to do. Kindly help me.



Welcome to

I read your query and can understand your concern.

You need to talk about it to your husband. If that does not work, talk about it to his parents or in-laws so they can give you a reason for his behavior. Even you can take the help of his close friend or colleague who can tell you about his past or some underlying stress of your husband's life. We can do nothing except talk or try to find a reason for his behavior and work on it. If he is consuming alcohol, then it can also be the reason for it. Finally, you can take him to the nearest psychologist for marital counseling.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and take care.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
How do I control my anger?

.. are describing sounds like intermittent explosive disorder which is an impulse control disorder. In it, there are explosive anger outbursts during which your anger makes you do and utter things which you repent after the episode. It is treated wit...   Read full

Is there any way to mange my relationship issues with partner?

.. your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I like to inform you that you are not alone and there are plenty of options available through the online portal on the current date (Icliniq is one among them). Secondly, not having someone t...   Read full

How to manage my emotion?

.. for sharing your problem with me.You are 17 years old. At this age because of hormonal changes and increased testosterone levels, aggressiveness, anger outburst and easy irritability appears.But if you feel it is uncontrollable, I will suggest yo...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Malaria Prevention Using Monoclonal Antibodies
A recent phase 1 study proved monoclonal antibodies effective in preventing malaria. Read the article to know more.  Read more»
Surgical Ostomy - Types, Causes, Procedure, and Complications
This article briefly discusses ostomy, a surgical procedure where an opening is created between the segment of the gastr...  Read more»
Rotavirus Infection - Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Rotaviruses are among the most common causes of severe diarrhoeal disease in young children worldwide. Read the article ...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Psychiatrist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.