Angina

Why is there pain in lower jaw that goes to neck, ear and the back of head?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 57 years old, post-menopause for five years, has pain in her lower right jaw at one point, throbbing pain. When pain increases, it goes to the back of the neck, ears, and back of the head. We have consulted a dentist and he has ruled out any dental reason, though she has so...  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Confirm her heart status. The pain you are describing may be an anginal pain. Consult cardiologist for the same. Also, I can see the lower wisdom tooth X-ray you have sent is showing the position of the third molar is slightly tilted and is pushing adjacent tooth (a...  Read Full »

Why do I have chest pain during deep breathing?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 68 year old male. My height is 5'4" and weight is 142 lbs. I stopped smoking at the age of 38. I drink on an average of half bottle of beer a day at most. I do prepare my own food, which is mostly organic. I eat meat, egg, little dairy, vegetables, a fair amount of raw food, seeds...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your chest pain and heaviness is related to exertion (walking) a possibility that it is of cardiac origin cannot be neglected. A very important feature of stable angina is angina on exertion. The stabbing pain and dull nature, which can better be termed as chest hea...  Read Full »

A vein is blocked in heart and there is chest pain while walking far. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, A vein is blocked near the heart. The doctor told that he checked up today and there is a pain in the chest when he walks far. He is 45 years old, what should be done?  Read Full »

Dr. Ohams Henry

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blocked artery in the heart causes pain especially when one is engaged in activities like walking due to increased heart rate during activity which reduces blood supply to the heart muscles leading to ischemia and pain. This condition is called angina pectoris. It is a ...  Read Full »

How serious is bifascicular block in young people?

Query: Hello doctor, I am wondering how serious is bifascicular block? Is it common among younger people? I am only 30 years old and this came up on EKG. I was very surprised as I live a pretty healthy life. Any ideas what caused this and what steps I should take next?  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your worries. It is not common in general population. It occurs mostly in those who have heart attack, angina, have high blood pressure or some valvular disease, especially aortic valve. Other cause is fibrotic degeneration of conduction channels, but ...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to take Atorvas, Starpress and Nitrofix for angina?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 65 years old, 173 cm height, 84 kg suffering CAD, HTN and DM type 2. Having three stents and still PLV 90 % blockage. On tablet Atorvas 20, Starpress XL 50, Nitrofix SR 30, Telma 40, Dianorm-M and injection Lantus 24 u. But due to angina or short breathing, tablet Flavedon MR als...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you will need all tablets, as they have an additive effect. Other two antianginal like Starpress (Metoprolol), has many beneficial effects other than this, and decrease mortality. So it needs to be continued. Also, Nitrofix (Isosorbide mononitrate) is also impor...  Read Full »

Was my father's death due to pulmonary edema or medical negligence?

Query: Dear doctor, My father died during angioplasty. The treating doctor said that the death is due to pulmonary edema. But we suspect it may be because of a medical negligence. I need a second opinion.  Read Full »

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What happens in a heart attack is that the patient's heart is not functioning properly. It does not maintain the speed and pressure required. And therefore, the blood and the fluid collects in the body including the lungs. When the fluid collects in the lungs, a person ...  Read Full »

What is the reason behind frequent chest pain? Is it a heart attack?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is 59 years old. He weights 65 kilograms. He has diabetes and also has blood pressure too. Sometimes, my father gets chest pain. He feels better after taking tablet Angised. Last night, he had pain in the heart. We went to the hospital immediately. They gave two tablets to my f...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it seems that your father has angina pectoris. Angina pectoris is not a heart attack, but it is a chest pain that occurs while exerting such as walking at a high pace, climbing stairs, during emotional stress and relieved by rest or taking tablet Nitr...  Read Full »

What is the reason for nausea, chest pain and dizziness during periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 37 years old. My height is 5'4" and weight is 250 lbs. I have 4 kids. I am having high blood pressure and also suffering from migraines. I am currently on my periods. I woke up this morning about 6:30 AM and was fine. I started feeling tired when I drove my daughter to work at alm...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be either due to your periods. If you had similar symptoms during your cycle is in the past, then it is most likely breast tenderness and alteration in hormones causing nausea. However, keeping in mind that you have high blood pressure I would still like to...  Read Full »

Kindly advise regarding my chest pain as the test results are normal.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old female. I have been experiencing chest discomfort like an achiness for the past couple of months. It comes and goes. I cannot tell if it gets worse with certain foods or after I eat. Sometimes I think it does, but then I tell myself that I might just be making that up. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cardiac origin of chest pain is highly unlikely in a 29 year old female. Female has a cardioprotective hormone called estrogen, which usually delays the onset of coronary artery disease till 65 years. The pain you get is most likely because of high levels of your...  Read Full »

Can we prepare to move a patient 24 hours after an angina attack?

Query: Hi doctor, Can we mobilize a patient who had angina 24 hours ago? If he is stable, is it fine to do so?  Read Full »

Dr. (col) Rakesh Karanwal

Cardiologist, Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Neurologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The stability of the patient's condition depends on whether this was his first attack of angina and it occurred while at rest or during physical exertion. It also depends on whether his ECG was normal or abnormal and the cardiac enzymes excluded a heart attack or not. ...  Read Full »