Q. I am seeing white circles after getting bitten by a stray cat. Is it rabies?

Dr. Nazma Parveen
Published on Jun 10, 2018

I think I was bitten by a stray cat eight months back. I do not know if it landed its fangs on my finger but I noticed a very small dot sized wound on my finger. I have received three PEP regimens and the last regimen was six years back. I did not receive the last shot on that year but my two successful shots are complete. I frequently experience muscle twitches in my foot and legs because I love to walk home. I am seeing small white circles in my peripheral vision but when I look into it it is like disappearing. Is this a fruit of my imagination? Am I covered with that vaccine? Do I have rabies?

Dr. Nazma Parveen

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I have read through your question and would like to tell you that the chances of getting rabies from a cat bite are very less. And since you have received a regime of anti-rabies it erases the chances of getting rabies. The muscle twitches you are experiencing may be happening because of some other reason. Most common reason being electrolyte imbalance. Drink lots of water and keep yourself hydrated. If you still experience these twitches get yourself checked by a physician.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

| 

I took antirabies vaccine only 13 days after a shrew mouse bite. Am I at risk?

Query: Hello doctor,I had taken two antirabies shots ten and three months back for a dog bite. A shrew that had entered the house bit me on my back two weeks back. There was no bleeding even on applying pressure on the area, but the next day I noticed a small clot on my back like the one we have after a sc...  Read Full »

What should I do if I am bitten by a stray cat?

Query: Hello doctor, I have just got bitten by a stray cat and accidentally it scratched. It is a very light scratch and a dot-like blood clot has occurred on my palm. I have already washed it and have applied Dettol on it. Is there any kind of risk? What should I do? Have I got any chances of infection...  Read Full »

My puppy bit me. Do I need an anti-rabies vaccine?

Query: Hello doctor, Do I need an anti-rabies vaccine, because my 2 and a half-month-old puppy nipped me? It is barely a bite but I cleaned it and no symptoms seem to show up, my puppy is not vaccinated yet because it is too young. I am 18 years old.  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now