Q. Is getting touched by puppy's teeth without any wound or bleeding infectious?

Dr. Diwanshu

A 45-day-old street puppy's teeth touched my finger yesterday but there was no bleeding. Puppy is also fine. What should I do? Please advise me.

#

Just tell me whether the puppy's teeth just touched your finger or you got wound also? In case, you just got a touch, then nothing to do but in case, you got a wound then keep the wound clean. Keep a check on the dog also. Meet nearby doctor in case you have a wound. A person who is exposed and has never been vaccinated against rabies should get four doses of rabies vaccine: one dose right away, and additional doses on the third, seventh, and 14th days. They should also get another shot called rabies immune globulin at the same time as the first dose. Let me know as soon as possible.

|