Q. What precautions should be taken for dog bite?

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

I have been bitten by a dog which is regularly vaccinated. So, what precautions should I take? Can you please let me know the diet for food or something else, please.

#

I have reviewed your query and here is my advise. You have been bitten by a dog, so tetanus toxoid and rabies vaccine can be taken for that to prevent tetanus and rabies. But as you said if you are sure that dog is fully immunized with rabies then no need to take the vaccine. No dietary restriction needed. You can eat everything. If a wound is present because of the dog bite then it should be kept clean by a regular dressing.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|