Q. How to reduce the pain due to ankle sprain?

Answered by Dr. Mahavir Patil and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Ankle Sprain or Weak Ligaments? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have chronic ankle sprains in both the ankles. I have this for maybe a year now. I went to PT and have been doing exercises. But, about a week ago, my ankle began to pop. It is happening once in a while. It really hurts and I have to pause for a couple minutes for the pain to settle. Is this normal? Is there a way for me to prevent or calm this pain? I am taking Zoloft and Ibuprofen when needed. Please help.