Q. My left hip is completely fused. Can we have a healthy baby?

Dr. Kusumakar Srivastava
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 01, 2019

I have severe ankylosing spondylitis since 19 years. I am a 28 year old male, married and would like to have a baby now. I am taking Indomethacin 75 mg and Omeprazole twice a day. My left hip is completely fused, but I have no pain. There is pain in right hip and lower back. Please let me know, can I have a healthy baby. What should we do to get healthy, fit and fine baby? I do not want baby to be defective. Kindly give me suggestions to improve my health. My wife is completely fine and healthy. I have attached my Hb, CRP and ESR reports. Please guide me.

Dr. Kusumakar Srivastava

Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

Do not worry about your condition and your future baby.

You are fine and your baby will also be fine, as genetic transmission is rare in this case. Again you should change the painkiller if you are not responding to it.

You can start tablet Rofecoxib 50 mg daily for five days and let me know the condition of your pain. Apply Dolopar gel (Diclofenac) topically. Go for active physiotherapy exercises. Take a capsule Nutrolin B plus (multivitamin) daily for 15 days.

| 

My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full »

Penis enlargement exercises led to swollen veins on my shaft. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a healthy 33 year old male. I have sex regularly and masturbate regularly. Over the years, I dabbled in penis enlargement exercises. I quit doing them a while back because I felt it was causing a damage to the penis. Recently, I used a cock ring, but for not more than ten minute...  Read Full »

When can physiotherapy be started after bilateral hip replacement surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I had bilateral hip replacement surgery done recently. The right hip was replaced last month, and the left hip was replaced this month. Is it advisable to do physiotherapy now?  Read Full »

Ask a Rheumatologist Now