Q. Can you interpret the results of my sister's pregnancy test and ultrasound?

Dr. Reetika Joshi

I want you to interpret the results of my sister's pregnancy test and ultrasound. She is six weeks pregnant now. Last time the doctor said he could not hear the baby's heartbeat. Can you help?

#

I can fully understand your concern and will surely help you. I have gone through the details presented by you (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). The blood test report and the hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) values are fine.The ultrasound is requested to be repeated as sometimes fetal heartbeat gets missed. I will suggest you wait for a week and repeat the ultrasound.

Also, please share the details of your last menstrual period and ovulation so that I can assess the gestation age and further analyze the baby's heartbeat issue.

Feel free to ask any questions or to share any additional information.

Thank you for your reply. I will get back to you once I get the details from her.

#

Please do not get tense because the fetal heartbeat is not heard in an early ultrasound, and kindly share the details once you receive it.

|