Q. Kindly interpret my MRI report and prescribe diagnosis and treatment.

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

This is a request to analyze my MRI report. I would expect detailed guidance with what kind of treatment we have to proceed? What is the prescription for the condition and how long to use the prescribed medication? Please reply with the prescription as soon as possible. Please let me know the cautions and care we have to take.

#

I can understand your concern. I have gone through the report you have attached. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

You need urgent immobilization of knee by cast or slab along with painkiller, and anti-inflammatory drugs. The next step is an arthroscopic correction (surgery) for ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) repair.

What I asked is for a detailed treatment line and medicine prescription from experienced doctors. After this report, how long a patient can take to get operated, due to office work? Need detailed answers from relevant doctors, please.

#

For pain relief at present, he can take tablet Chymoral Forte (Trypsin- Chymotrypsin) one tablet thrice daily after food. To counter gastritis by this drug, Pan D (Pantoprazole) should be given twice daily on empty stomach. I again tell you these are just symptomatic treatment. Immediate arthroscopic surgery to fix ACL is required. His ACL is not going to heal on its own.

After surgery, he will need at least 21 days of bedrest with immobilization of knee. Then assisted physiotherapy should be started. It is human nature to get irritated when he/she does not get answers which they wish. My job is not to give you false pleasure by saying that urgent surgery is not needed. This patient is young and his MRI report demands urgent surgery.

|