Anticardiolipin Antibody Acl

I have petechiae rash on my legs and arms with easy bruising. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently experienced a petechiae rash on my legs and arms and easy bruising. My PCP ordered blood work to look at platelet levels. The only abnormality was a slightly prolonged aPTT time (40 seconds and the lab reference range is 25 to 36 seconds). Further blood work was done: Von W...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For the petechial rash, you need to investigate with full CBC to check platelet count. Low platelet count is one of the causes of such a rash. I suggest you investigate with SGPT and ultrasonography abdomen to check for liver disease. Your raised APTT is a surprisi...  Read Full »

Will vitamin D deficiency during pregnancy affect baby growth?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 29 years old and we have a 5 year old son. It was a premature delivery in the 34th week and it was a normal delivery. After that, she had three abortions and all are because of no fetal growth and heartbeat. Currently, she is 10 weeks pregnant. Her recent ultrasound scan sho...  Read Full »

Dr. Sonal Prasad

Childbirth Educator, Lactation Counselor, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The vitamin D levels are in deficient range and vitamin B12 levels are normal. There is no need to discontinue the pregnancy due to these values. Vitamin D supplementation will help to have adequate levels in baby. I suggest vitamin D supplementation Calcirol sachet 60...  Read Full »