Q. Is Trintellix a good drug for anxiety?

Published on May 22, 2019

A few months ago, I went through a hard time, and since then, I have thoughts about death every day, all the time, which makes me depressed and anxious. I went to a psychiatrist and I was given Trintellix for depression treatment. I was on 10 mg for two weeks and have now been on 20 mg for a few days. It worked well for my depression, but I still suffer from anxiety and continued thoughts about death (though not suicidal). Depression is gone now, but I still have negative thoughts daily. Do you think my antidepressant is enough to treat anxiety, or do you recommend any medication specifically for anxiety?

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

You should wait for about two more weeks to see the best effects of medicines. In most cases, typically antidepressant drugs show results in around four to six weeks. Since your bad thoughts about death are controlled, but you still have negative thoughts so in such case you should stick on this drug for a few more days and it will work. If symptoms persist, then the dose should be increased, or medication should be replaced. Consult your psychiatrist for this.

| 

Can I take antidepressants only when needed and not continuously?

Query: Hello doctor, I have depression. But for some reason, I do not want to take antidepressants. I have been taking it for the past one year. And have stopped it. But sometimes I get very depressed. Can I take my antidepressant like Desvenlafaxine sometimes? As needed? Or maybe any other antidepressant ...  Read Full »

I want to go off antidepressants but have trouble sleeping. What can I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 22 years old. I have been on the following antidepressants for two years. Morning: Modapex 50 one pill, Depakene, Lamotrigine 25 mg one pill. Night: Clozapex 25 mg half a pill, Mirtimash 30 g half a pill, Depakine Chrono 500 mg one pill, and Anafranil 75 mg half a pill. I used t...  Read Full »

Can antidepressants cause loss of libido?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. I do not have any sexual desire or libido. I am not getting normal erection. I have done a hormonal test to see if something is wrong. Currently, I am on antidepressant. The clinic said that the results are normal. But, I have a feeling that something must be there. ...  Read Full »