Anu Thailam

I have nasal congestion inspite of having medicines. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 43-year-old male with height 167 cm and weight 79 kg. I am having nasal congestion for 10 days now and have taken Niacin and Kaasahara syrup for the past four days, but there is no improvement before that I tried Allopathy. Please suggest if the medication what I am taking is f...  Read Full »

Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The medicines you are taking are mostly for cough, and not for nasal congestion. I suggest, 1. Haridra khanda one teaspoon mixed with one teaspoon honey, taken a day after food thrice. 2. Anu thailam 2 drops in each nostril, twice a day. When you put this nasal dr...  Read Full »

Is there a cure for ADEM in ayurveda?

Query: Hi doctor, My height is 177 cm and my weight is 94 kg. Before four months I was diagnosed with acute demyelinating encephalomyelitis (ADEM), which is an autoimmune disease. My hands and legs did not work at that time. I have consulted a neurologist for the treatment of the same. The MRI scan of brai...  Read Full »

Dr. Raman Kaushik

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your MRI report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). ADEM is an autoimmune disorder characterized by inflammation of brain and spinal cord. In this disorder, our body's protective mechanism that is immunity system will stand against the b...  Read Full »

Can you suggest ayurveda medicine for sinusitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male. I have sinus problem since birth. My nose gets blocked as weather changes and remains so for a long time. I am allergic to dust. What food can I take to help my condition?  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please Follow these advices: 1. Anu thailam - Ayurvedic nasal drop, apply 2 drops in each nostril before bed and at morning. 2. Nirgundi thailam - apply 10 drops on scalp, top of head and rub with fingers. This should be done at 6.30 AM. Then take bath after 7.30 AM...  Read Full »

What are the Ayurveda medicines for chronic allergies which become worse in winter.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 45 year old female. I have chronic allergies, which become worse in winter. What can I do, so that I do not need to take anti-allergic medications?  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The allergic symptoms usually aggravate during winter season. It continues from November till February based on the climate in your place. You have not mentioned about the allergic site (nose or lung or skin). If it is nose or lung, the dryness due to winter can trigg...  Read Full »

I get headaches when I go out in the sun. Please suggest some ayurvedic cure.

Query: Hello doctor, I get headaches, especially when I wash my hair or when I go out in the sun. The climate is really hot here, and I stay indoors. But, I still get headaches, and my nose also pains a bit. I cannot stop washing my hair because of this. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you have mentioned here are indicating towards a migraine headache. However, no diagnostic test can surely rule out a migraine. Its diagnosis is mainly based on the symptoms. In a migraine, there is no definite pain, and pain occurs at any time. Some peop...  Read Full »