Q. Please give some tips to control my anxiety.

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
This is a premium question & answer published on May 31, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 03, 2020

I have a question dealing with a disorder that I have had for a long time now. I am suffering with severe anxiety. I want to know that in what way can I handle my bad anxiety. I have tried many methods to deal with my anxiety, but nothing much is changing. I recently started to wonder if it is something more than just anxiety since my problems and suffering seems a bit too much. I am curious to know any possible idea I can try to do about it soon? Thank you very much.

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Neuro Surgery Neurology Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

I understand that you are suffering with severe anxiety and panic attacks.

Our brain is designed in such a way that we react to external signals and stimuli. Our reaction depends on the stimuli. If the stimuli are less, then we react less and if the stimuli are more, then we react more.

Anxiety is a stage where we react more for less stimuli or sometimes no stimuli at all.

This may be due to two reasons, temporary stress and biochemical abnormalities in the brain. If it is the former reason, then it will go away after a few days. If it is the latter reason, then you may need to take proper tablets.

As per your narration, since you are having this for a long time, it is probably due to some biochemical abnormality in your brain.

But, please do not worry. This can be treated quite easily with tablets. Just like diabetes (increased blood sugar) and hypertension (increased blood pressure), which are basically biochemical abnormalities, anxiety can also be treated with tablets.

For further information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

| 

Can Anxiety And Stress Cause Frequent Urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I had anxiety issues since childhood. I have been jumping from one idea to another for a long time but it has been three years I have an issue with frequent urination. It started in a bad time for me when I was obsessing that I have HIV. No burning, just sligh...  Read Full »

Suffering from anxiety, and panic attacks for the last 3 years. Need second opinion on the prescription.

Query: Dear Doctor, I am suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for the last 3 years. I went to a neurologist 2 years back and he advised me to take REXIPRA 10 for 3 months, SOLTUS 50 for 6 months, HEMIDAP PLUS for 9 months & ZEPAM .5 for 12 months. Upon following these medications, I was improvin...  Read Full »

What are the causes of panic attacks?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having panic attacks for the past 13 years. I have been to the hospital on multiple occasions and have been diagnosed with anxiety attacks every time. I have had EKGs and blood work done. All the reports are fine. Sometimes, I am having multiple panic attacks in a day and also...  Read Full »