Q. Between Cymbalta and Lyrica, which drug has fewer withdrawal symptoms?

I have been prescribed Cymbalta (Duloxetine) and Lyrica (Pregabalin) for anxiety (panic disorder). I have had generalized anxiety disorder for the past five years. I want to know how effective these drugs would be (Lyrica and Cymbalta), and the likelihood of dependence (of either drug) when taken regularly with Lyrica taken up to 150 mg a day and Duloxetine 60 mg a day, and which drug has the lower withdrawal symptoms. Also, could Moclobemide (Aurorix) be an alternative? Please explain.

#

The tablet Cymbalta and tablet Lyrica are both different drugs. Both help in somatic pain, sometimes in anxiety. Duloxetine is an antidepressant and has anti-anxiety effects. The drug can help to control anxiety and pain if taken in the long term regularly. Tablet Lyrica is a different drug. The drug helps to control anxiety if taken on an emergency basis. The medicine helps to control the symptoms but is not a definite treatment for anxiety. The risk of dependence on this is relatively more if we compare this with Duloxetine. Moclobemide is an older drug and has antidepressant effects. Newer and better drugs are available for anxiety now compared to these drugs. Whether you go for Lyrica or Duloxetine depends upon your symptoms, priorities, and your treating psychiatrist. I hope this helps.

|