Q. I have throat pain and I am unable to walk alone. Why do I have these symptoms?

Dr. Afifa Nighat

I am having pain in upper throat and gastric, vomit after food. afraid to walk alone and sometimes feel frightened. I have this problem for 5 years. I have seen a doctor and they said it is causing from anxiety. THey gave some meds but not improving. I am taking Escitalopram 10 mg in the morning and Clonazepam at the night. Also, I take tab Fludek in the morning.

#

hello

hope you're doing well!

your past medical history and current complaints are related and pretty much predict you might be suffering anxiety. continue taking current medications. prescribing medicine ..continue to take it for 3 weeks and then stop. along with that I need to clear some more points ..as do you have stomach upset? gastric burning? bitter mouth taste? difficulty in swallowing? weight loss? best wishes.

Gastritis/ anxiety/ motility disorder

CBC, serum electrolytes

same as above

anxiety / gastritis

1. tab: Metoclo710mg per oral thrice daily with meals for 3 weeks
2. Cap: Pantoprazole 40mg per oral once daily 30 minutes before meals for 3 weeks

avoid spicy & oily food

After one week

| 

I have throat pain, but there is no actual swelling. How to treat this?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female. My symptoms are as follows: Intense throat pain while swallowing saliva. The pain radiates to the ear and sometimes, head and gives me a headache. Dry throat, especially in the area of pain. I also have a feeling of swelling in the throat, but the doctor said th...  Read Full »

Taking Pantoprazole for GERD. Is any drug interactions between Pantoprazole and Voltaren?

Query: Hello doctor, I am on 40 mg Pantoprazole twice a day for GERD. I just took 50 mg Voltaren for a bad back and I am worried sick. I checked online and it said no drug interactions. I have not yet taken my nightly dose of Pantoprazole, should I not take it?  Read Full »

Why is there persistence of throat pain even after taking medication?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old male. I have a throat infection with pain in swallowing which increases at night. I took Enzoflam two tablets per day for three days, but the pain still persists. Please advise.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»