Q. Please suggest ways to overcome my physical and mental exhaustion.

Dr. Alka
Published on Dec 06, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I was a healthy, mentally sharp and energized person before. But, for the past 12 years, my brain and body get tired very easily. I am having mental and physical exhaustion and the condition is gradually worsening. I feel drowsy after studying for some time. With this problem, my studies have dropped a lot. I get very easily fatigued by doing just 15% of normal work for this age. My physical work has dropped because of lower limb dragging while walking or standing for some time for the last 10 years. I am also having neck muscles stiffness while seeing up or down and shortness of breath. I feel a sore in my lower back muscles after standing for some time. My eyes get strained while reading or watching television or browsing internet for very less time. I do get excessive sweating and there is a rise of heart rate for below moderate work since 5 years. I am unable to go gym. I fear to do yoga due to shortness of breath, weakness and exhaustion. I also have decreased cognition. Due to the mental and physical exhaustion, I am irritable sometimes. I went to all the best doctors in my place and no one was able to find the disease. Even the psychiatry doctors were also unable to find the cause of these irregular symptoms. As allopathy doctors were unable to diagnose the cause of my symptoms, I have used some over-the-counter ayurveda medicines. Does any ayurveda medicine cause these symptoms after using them for a long time? I am currently on venlafaxine tablet 225mg.

Dr. Alka

#

• I just read all your problems and at first glance, it seemed to be some kind of muscular disorder. But, after going through all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it was clarified that you do not have any muscular dystrophy or any other disease related to locomotor system.
  • As you have a family history of psychosis from your maternal side, the root cause of your problem is anxiousness and overthinking.
  • Your thinking affects your personality to a greater extent. If you are thinking that you are feeling tired or you are feeling drowsy, then your mind starts giving your body this type of signals that you actually get tired or drowsy.
  • You have also mentioned about taking some ayurvedic medicine in your complaint. Though you have not mentioned the name of the medicine, on the basis of the report, I can say that it has not caused any kind of damage as maximum values are within the normal range.
  • You are already taking Venlafaxine tablet, which is used to treat depression.
  • According to your symptoms, reports and your family history, I can say that you might be suffering from depression or anxiety disorder.
  • You do not have to worry because depression is curable. All you need is determination and a strong will power to fight against it.
  • You need regular counseling, which will help you to fight against the disease. Please visit a psychiatrist or counselor regularly.
  • You can also try other options like doing meditation regularly. Initially, you will find it very hard to meditate, but with the passage of time, you will find it very relaxing and refreshing to the mind.
  • Keep yourself busy in some work or in any other activity to keep your mind busy and you would not have time for any negative thoughts.
  • Try ayurvedic panchakarma procedures like shirobasti. In shirobasti, they will only do oil therapy. It is a very beneficial procedure and does not have any side effects.
  •  I have seen many people who underwent shirobasti procedure and got greater help in fighting against depression and anxiety. It will improve your sleeping habits too.
  • You can also take Mentat syrup, two teaspoons twice a day with water or Mentat tablet, two tablets twice a day with water along with your current medication. This medication does not have any ill effects and does not cause any harm to you. It will help you to retain your concentration and will help you to calm your mind.
  • Most important thing is family and friends. Try to spend maximum time with them. Share your problems with them. Try to find happiness in small things. Try to be extrovert. Avoid negative people around you. Positive people around you act like a therapy in itself. 

Family history or negative thinking or some incident.

Bipolar disorder.

Psychiatric treatment.

Keep yourself busy with productive work and positive environment.

Revert back after a month to an ayurveda specialist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

I lack confidence in myself and cannot talk to new people. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I lack confidence when I am alone. I am always confident when it comes to the public. I really get busted and also I do not know why. I cannot talk to new people or crossgender with an initiative. I even do not know why I always feel lonely like I know I do not have people to talk eve...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to develop confidence in yourself. Do daily exercises for 30 to 40 minutes. Do meditation for 20 minutes. Read good books. Take good deep sleep. Start talking with your own self. Stand in front of the mirror and make eye contact with yourself and...  Read Full

How does yoga help senior citizens?

Query: Hi doctor, What are the health benefits and trends for yoga for senior citizens? Are there studios that have classes or professionals that cater to this demographic? Why choose yoga over other forms of fitness and stretching?  Read Full >>

Dr. Vinod Kumar Goyal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yoga is of two types. One for physical exercises called asanas and the second one is meditational yoga. Both have tremendous benefits for life and health. Physical yoga regulates body glands, hormones and cures many diseases of the body. For different persons and condit...  Read Full

How can disc desiccation with pain in leg be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have disc desiccation. There is a pain in my right leg while walking.  Read Full >>

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclinq.com. In Ayurvedic Panchakarma therapy, there is a procedure named kati basti, which is helpful in this problem and your treating Ayurvedic physician will also prescribe you oral medications while performing this procedure. It is a noninvasive procedure done with the help o...  Read Full

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now