Q. Anxiety is every day of my life. Rarely I do get a small break without anxiety. It has been 10 years.

Published on Oct 17, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 13, 2018

Anxiety is every day of my life. I rarely get small breaks without anxiety. It has been 10 years now. Panic attacks do come. I am taking Xanax 0.5 mg 1 to 3 days. I am a 26 years old male, and my height and weight are 5.9" and 80 kg respectively. Please help.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

With your brief description, it appears that you are suffering from some anxiety disorder most probably generalized anxiety disorder. The drug you are taking is neither sufficient nor appropriate when we have a lot of safer and more effective drugs currently. I assure you that you can get rid of most of the anxiety symptoms with proper treatment.

Learn More About GAD: What Is Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Article Overview: People with GAD worry excessively and persistently throughout the course of the day. They are constantly anticipating the worst about family, health, finance, and future. Read on to find out how you can prevent it. Read Article

Dr. Vasantha K S

Generalized anxiety disorder is a mental illness where the persons have anxiety not just to particular situations but nearly every activity of the day. Symptoms Excessive worrying. Trouble falling and staying asleep. Muscle tension. Constant negative thoughts. Inability to relax or enjoy me-...  Read Article

Taking 5mg lorazapam for anxiety disorder gives poor response. Is it safe to take one more tablet?

Query: Dear Doctor, I have panic/anxiety disorder and was prescribed with 5mg lorazepam. I took one tablet at 8 PM but still l would wake up anxious in the morning. Is it safe to take one more tablet?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query at icliniq.com. At this moment you can take another 0.5mg but do not repeat it after that. Tomorrow you can discuss your poor response to the 0.5mg lorazepam either with your physician or you can discuss with me online, if online therapy for a psychiatry consultat...  Read Full

My anxiety disorder relapsed after I drank beer. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have anxiety and panic since five years. My GP had given Nexito forte and Veniz XR 37.5. And, I felt better and asked him to reduce the dosage two years ago. He stopped both and gave Nextio plus from then till date. I felt better. I did not smoke or drink while on treatment. 10 days ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems to be an anxiety disorder. You need to avoid the triggering factors that cause the relapse. Be it alcohol or something like smoking, family issues or financial problems. It is better to be on Nexito forte (Escitalopram and Clonazepam) during the episode o...  Read Full