Q. How to overcome my anger and gain self-confidence?

Dr. Hardik Tusharkant Bambhania
This is a premium question & answer published on May 09, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 27, 2020

I do not feel happy. Even if I am with someone, I am not able to connect with them. It feels like there is a burden over me. I feel anxious, short tempered and not able to concentrate in any work. I do not have confidence for doing anything. I would like to work hard and want myself to be confident. Please help.

#

• These days we do have to deal with a lot of things at a time. Our busy and stressful life along with many responsibilities may make us feel anxious and tensed.
  • I want you to look back at your past and see the positive aspects. Any achievements, no matter how little, have pushed you forward in life to be where you are right now?
  • If there are certain concerns or worries on your mind, you have to talk about it either with your family or with concerned people in order to resolve it. In case it cannot be resolved by you, then it is not of use to continuously spend your time and energy after that thought.
  • For the anxiety and short temper, I suggest you to look up mindfulness technique of meditation online and try to practice it at least for 20 minutes every day. It is supposed to make you more self-aware about your emotions, actions, reactions and the environment around you. Pranayama also helps in relaxing our mind.
  • Instead of reacting to the annoying or irritating impulse, try and respond to the problem it creates and resolve the issue calmly. It is more rewarding to win people with love and respect rather than anger.
  • You have to realize that you have great potential of doing what you want to, in life. Once you believe in yourself, you will trust your goals and thoughts.
  • Try to imagine how you will feel once you will have achieved your goals. Hurdles may be inevitable in life, however once you are determined to achieve your goals and you will find your ways either around or over them.
  • Define your goals on a piece of paper and in front of each, write down what you can do to achieve it.
  • Certainly, responsibilities come with a certain pressure in life. Still we do have to look at the positive side, believe in our abilities and give our best to fulfill our duties.
  • As you are motivated to work hard and you have taken a brave step to discuss your concern with us here, it is apparent that you are a sincere and dedicated person. These qualities of yours are your strength, which will surely help you in doing your best and excelling in life. Every small step towards your goal is significant.

For further clarification consult a psychologist counsellor online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychologist-counsellor

| 

Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD)

Article Overview: A 35-year-old woman came to me with a chief complaint of muscle tension. She stated that she has experienced a considerable amount of muscle tension her entire life, but it has become increasingly worse over the last 12 months. Read Article

The above mentioned patient is suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). GAD can be defined as anxiety and worry about several events and activities for a majority of the day. The anxiety and worry of GAD differs from normal anxiety by its excessiveness, the difficu...  Read Article

I lack confidence in myself and cannot talk to new people. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I lack confidence when I am alone. I am always confident when it comes to the public. I really get busted and also I do not know why. I cannot talk to new people or crossgender with an initiative. I even do not know why I always feel lonely like I know I do not have people to talk eve...  Read Full »

What are the best exercises for ankylosing spondylitis with Andersson lesion?

Query: Dear doctor, Can you tell me which exercises are the best to do when one is having ankylosing spondylitis with an Andersson lesion apart from any outdoor exercises?  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask a Psychologist Counsellor Now