Q. How to overcome my fear while facing an interview?

Dr. Sathya Prakash
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 14, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 27, 2020

For three years I have been at home as a caretaker for my child. Mostly I feel exhausted and boredom every day morning. Now, I plan to go for a job. But, I have a fear of facing an interview. Please help.

#

I first wish to appreciate the love and dedication you have shown towards your family, by staying away from work for three years.

• First, you must understand a few things. Anybody facing an interview is a little anxious, whether they admit it or not; whether it is evident or not.
  • Considering that you have been away from work for three years, it is natural that you will feel a little anxious. So, the thing for you to understand here is to not criticize yourself for being nervous.
  • In fact, you deserve praise for taking on this task against all odds. You need to give yourself credit for juggling across so many different things.
  • Second, even if you are anxious, it usually does not show outside, although you might think that it is obvious. So, do not bother about what others might be thinking of you or what the interviewers may be thinking of you.
  • Third, I suggest you try the medicine by name Betacap-TR 40 (Propranolol) to be taken one to two hours before going to the interview. It will keep you calm and focused and has no side effects. It is not a sleep medicine. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent
  • Finally, please provide me some more details regarding the exhaustion and boredom so that I can rule out the possibility of depression. Also, please get a hemogram and TSH level done. Take care.

Revert back with the reports to a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Could you advise on my tiredness, weakness and faint feeling following viral infection?

Query: Hi doctor, Three weeks ago, I was admitted to hospital with a viral infection and stayed in the hospital for two nights. During viral infection, I woke up early in the morning shaking uncontrollably and my heart rate was 152, so the ambulance took me to the hospital. I was told that I have a viral...  Read Full »

How to get rid of bloating and constipation from taking Venlafaxine?

Query: Hello doctor, I suffer from anxiety disorder. I am currently on Venlafaxine. I have issues with bloating and constipation. I am physically active as I go to the gym. However, stomach bloating has been a frustration. There are days it soothes and days it gets worse. From previous screenings, the doc...  Read Full »

How can I prevent migraine headache?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from migraine from my school time. Just before 2 years a neurologist suggested me Naproxen 500, which I am taking when I am getting an attack. But in the summer I am getting the attack twice a day and this is only the cure. But the headache is killing me. Please someone...  Read Full »