Q. How to overcome severe anxiety?

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Apr 27, 2019

I have severe anxiety problems which cripple me. I feel trouble in concentrating on my studies and other daily activities. I have PCOS and suffering from depression. I am an introvert, and my body is swaying all the time. A feeling of constant motion present like a boat ride. What can I do to live a better and happy life? How do I get rid of the anxiety?

Last time when I had anxiety and depression, I lost 15 kg weight. Also, my hemoglobin and other vitamins levels were reduced. I am currently under Shelcal 20 and Autrin. In the past, I was on Venla 25 g.

#

You should work on your weight loss. It will help you with both your PCOS and depression. Do the daily exercise for 30 to 45 minutes. Do meditation for 20 minutes daily.

Avoid junk foods, eat healthy joint cooked foods. Take enough 6 to 7 hours of sleep. Spend quality time with family and friends. Spend time for creative hobbies like read good books, write journals, do paintings, etc. Live your life, do not just spend. Take a cold shower in the morning and drink enough plenty of water.

Why am I always hungry and thirsty?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old female. My height is 5 feet and 6 inches, and my weight is 160. For the past month, I have been experiencing weight loss, increased hunger, increased thirst, and frequently need to go to the bathroom to pee out large amounts. My skin has become dry. I have also lost...  Read Full »

Postpartum Depression

Article Overview: Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depression. Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Postpartum Depression Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depress...  Read Article

Depression - Awareness, Self-Diagnosis, and Treatment Modalities

Article Overview: Depression is among the top five causes of morbidity in today’s world. It remains largely undiagnosed and underreported because of a lack of adequate knowledge, both among the patients as well as the physicians. It is majorly characterized by the presence of a continuous sad mood, anhedonia, and easy fatiguability along with a host of secondary symptoms, which aid in quantifying the severity of the depressive disorder. So, it is the need of the hour that awareness is raised among the masses regarding this illness that is soon poised to be the number one cause of morbidity. Read Article

Dr. Ajay Singh

Depression has been recorded in the annals of history since time immemorial, but never has it assumed so much significance as it has in today’s world. With the advent of technology today, the human society is evolving by leaps and bounds with every passing day. As the saying goes that every co...  Read Article