Q. I am suffering from BP, memory problems and incomplete bladder emptying. Please help.

Dr. Krishan Kumar Sharma

I have the following symptoms.

Bladder cannot be emptied fully, due to this I frequently go to the bathroom. During urination, I have to do forcefully. BP due to anxiety. Forget learning and memory skill is weak. Before taking medicine for anxiety my heart pounds during tense. After taking medicine I am comfortable. But presentation skill, memory skill is very low.

#

Did you have investigation related urine problem like CBC (complete blood count), renal function test, USG (ultrasound) whole abdomen (to rule our protest pathology)? Did you take any medicine for anxiety? You have mentioned High BP, now what is your BP? Any medicine for this? How long do you have all these problems?

| 

I have tested renal function and also the whole abdomen, CBC all are normal. I am taking Etizolam and some other medicine I have uploaded the prescription. My BP is normal, but my communication skill and memory are bad. I am taking these medicines for the past six months. Please suggest to improve urinary system and communication skills.

#

I have seen the attachment. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

In your prescription doctor has mentioned about OC thoughts, did you have recurring irresistible thoughts? Did you have problem of drowsiness for that Modafinil has given? Did you practice such exercise like JPMR (Jacobson muscle relaxation)? Which problem is solved with such medicine and which is not? Tell me in detail. Do you have communication problem since six months only? Can you please send the image of your medicines, some of them seem generic?

| 

Yes, OC problem gets resolved after taking medicine and continuing the same. Drowsiness is still present and I feel less active. I am yet to start JPMR. Communication problem is present from childhood. But Now it is better but not cured 100 percent. If l am communicating with some then I fell like empty memory.

After taking these medicines I feel good and cool mind with better improvement. But urination and clarity of thoughts, forgetfulness is still there.

#

As you have said that your test related to kidney and prostate are normal, it seems all your problems are related to anxiety. Regularly practice JPMR and kegel exercise. Take plenty of fluid and do not feel fear about repeated urination.

Even if now you feel drowsiness take Etizolam pro one at night time and half in the day time. Whenever you have to perform and you know you will have such problem you can take one extra before that act.

For your problem of communication skills, first enrich your vocabulary, and start practice talk on any topic in front of mirror before talking to someone think about the topic which you are going to talk and prepare yourself. Remove form your mind that he know about your communication problem and boost yourself.

For memory, revise that thing is a key concept, for example, you forget about keys and things like that, you have to tell yourself that I am placing this thing here. Some doctors prescribe tablet Gingo and Ticol for such forgetfulness, but that not work for all, but you can take a trial.

|