Q. I feel anxious and stressful when I think about marriage. Kindly advise.

Dr. Parth Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 08, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 02, 2020

I am 22 years old. My parents have started searching a suitable guy for me, but I am getting tensed. I feel as I do not want to get married. I am in anxiety and stress. Please help me.

#

• Marriage is the most significant life event in a person's life.
  • Every significant event is associated with significant anxiety. So, it is quite natural to be anxious.
  • What matters now is whether you want to with the person you are planning to get married or not.
  • It is not uncommon to be ambivalent regarding marriage as it is a life altering event. It is common to have a desire to defer it.
  • But, if you think you are mature enough to be in a wedlock and you can adapt to the requirements of married life, then why not you take the plunge?
  • Because, delaying marriage as just you are anxious is not the solution. It is a phase of life that one has to face with an optimistic attitude.

For further doubts consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|