Q. I keep thinking about when will I die. I am stressed to the core. Please help.

Dr. K V Anand

Last reviewed at: Jan 16, 2019

From the last year, I have been suffering fromheadache, but I neglected it. For the last one month, it has been increasing day by day. Six months back, I consulted a doctor and did an MRI scan and he told that there is nothing to worry. I think the reason is heavy thinking. Because, one night I got a panic attack before which I was a normal person but, then onwards heavy thinking started. I got scared as it is coming again and now I have started comparing with others. I feel I think different and crazy thoughts come to my mind. I cannot stop the thoughts like "when will I die?" I want go to work, but due to this stress, I am not able to. Why is my health like this? Please suggest what should I do to come out of that stress.

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

I can understand your situation. For you, this trouble could be heartbreaking. You need to understand what is anxiety and what is a panic attack. Anxiety is the body's natural defence mechanism. Without anxiety and related reflex action, our body cannot function properly. Your panic attack is based on an underlying anxiety disorder. You need to know what is your anxiety disorder. If you provide more details, I will be able to diagnose your proper basic underlying anxiety.

You are worried about the panic attack symptoms. You are worried whether the same symptoms will come again. This also is natural. Every one will do so. But, there is nothing to worry.

The repeated thinking here actually is expecting the panic attack and that is called obsession. Obsession brings anxiety and apprehension.You need to read a lot of articles about anxiety and panic attacks. Understanding them will ease your doubts.

As a treatment measure, I will suggest rigorous exercise, engaging yourself in creative activities, engaging in hobbies, always being with friends or family members, concentrate more on education or career, etc.

Take care.

What can cause panic attacks?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having panic attacks for the past 13 years. I have been to the hospital on multiple occasions and have been diagnosed with anxiety attacks every time. I have had EKGs and blood work done. All the reports are fine. Sometimes, I am having multiple panic attacks in a day and also...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For panic attacks and persistent anxiety, there is a need to get a medical checkup done. Hyperthyroidism, cardiac issues like angina, etc., could cause increased risk of panic attacks. So, if the panic attacks are persistent, then get one ECG done to rule out heart cause...  Read Full

How can I get over being sexually attracted to children?

Query: Hi doctor, When I see a child, whether in public or at home, I always imagine them naked. I look at them and start to visualize them in sexual situations. I want to keep looking at them, even though I know I should not. I am always watching naked kid images on the internet. I do not believe I actua...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ashish Khandelwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, the problem is very much distressing. This is a type of obsession called as sexual obsession. Also, we need to evaluate you whether you have symptoms of being a pedophile (sexually attracted to children). For treatment, you should go to your nearest psychiatrist ...  Read Full

Taking 5mg lorazapam for anxiety disorder gives poor response. Is it safe to take one more tablet?

Query: Dear Doctor, I have panic/anxiety disorder and was prescribed with 5mg lorazepam. I took one tablet at 8 PM but still l would wake up anxious in the morning. Is it safe to take one more tablet?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query at icliniq.com. At this moment you can take another 0.5mg but do not repeat it after that. Tomorrow you can discuss your poor response to the 0.5mg lorazepam either with your physician or you can discuss with me online, if online therapy for a psychiatry consultat...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now