Q. Is Arjunarishta beneficial for heart patients?

Answered by Dr. Arul Amuthan and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Anxiety or Kottakal Arya Vaidya Manasa Mitra Vatakam? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Is Arjunarishta beneficial for heart patients?

I am a 33 year old male. My height is 5'10" and I weigh 81 kg. I am suffering from anxiety and somatization (as described by my medical report) more than a year. I was under allopathy medical treatment without any remarkable benefit with many doctors as general physician and cardiologist. I was also suffering from some side effects of these medicines. One day suddenly I came to know about the Arjunarishta, then I left all allopathy medicines and started this ayurveda medicine and felt relax within a week. I have been taking Arjunarishta since two months approximately but I still have some problems on and off as 1-3 times in a day. They are congestive pain in chest and neck, irregular heartbeat, hard and pounding heartbeat, pain in left arm, pain in jaw, hot and cold flashes, rarely feeling suffocation or dizziness or vertigo (not together) for 2-5 seconds, feeling relax at morning or when I sleep if feeling any problem. I am feeling one or two symptoms together; I have many normal ECG and blood test when I was under allopathy medical treatment. Am I suffering these current problems because of Arjunarishta? Even I do not want to leave Arjunarishta. Even my parents have also started Arjunarishta. My mother who is 55 years has left anterior fascicular block as in ECG. Is it fine to continue Arjunarishta for whole life?