Q. Is Arjunarishta beneficial for heart patients?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Published on Mar 08, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 18, 2019

I am a 33 year old male. My height is 5'10" and I weigh 81 kg. I am suffering from anxiety and somatization (as described by my medical report) more than a year. I was under allopathy medical treatment without any remarkable benefit with many doctors as general physician and cardiologist. I was also suffering from some side effects of these medicines. One day suddenly I came to know about the Arjunarishta, then I left all allopathy medicines and started this ayurveda medicine and felt relax within a week. I have been taking Arjunarishta since two months approximately but I still have some problems on and off as 1-3 times in a day. They are congestive pain in chest and neck, irregular heartbeat, hard and pounding heartbeat, pain in left arm, pain in jaw, hot and cold flashes, rarely feeling suffocation or dizziness or vertigo (not together) for 2-5 seconds, feeling relax at morning or when I sleep if feeling any problem. I am feeling one or two symptoms together; I have many normal ECG and blood test when I was under allopathy medical treatment. Am I suffering these current problems because of Arjunarishta? Even I do not want to leave Arjunarishta. Even my parents have also started Arjunarishta. My mother who is 55 years has left anterior fascicular block as in ECG. Is it fine to continue Arjunarishta for whole life?

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

Arjuna tree bark has many benefits in the cardiac patients. I suggest you to continue arjuna bark medicines.

In your case, the Arjunarishta contains minimal alcohol. So, continuous consumption may cause some gastritis.

If the symptoms appear within 2 hours of the consumption of Arjunarishta, then it might be due to the medicine.

If the symptoms appear after 3 hours of consumption of Arjunarishta, then it means; it is due the disease itself. Only first 3 hours, the Arjunarishta will control the disease.

So, you can consume the arjuna tree bark in different method, such as tablets or powder. This will avoid the bad effect of alcohol in Arjunarishta.

• Every year, you can do a checkup for heart to find out any problem. If anything is there, you no need to stop the arjuna bark.
  • It will be helpful. Based on the new disease (if anything is diagnosed in future), allopathy drugs can be taken together.
  • Marudham capsule is one capsule containing arjuna tree bark. You can also try this.

For further information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

I have described all details including how long I am taking Arjunarishta with other problems of anxiety. Please advise me other medicines also. Is Arjunarishta only enough to get relief? Thanks.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

#

Within a short period (2 months), Arjunarishta may not cause these effects. It should be diluted with more water to prevent gastritis.

For your somatization with anxiety, please take the following drugs and medical advice.

1. Manasamitra vatakam - one tablet thrice daily after food.
  2. Panchagavya Ghrita - 5 ml (one tea spoon) morning and evening after food. It can also be mixed with milk to drink.
  3. Arjunarishta - three times a day, diluted with water or Marutham capsule - three times a day 1 tablets.
  4. Sadamanjil chooranam - 1 g mixed with milk or tea after dinner.

You also find the yoga class for regular practice. It has many additional benefits to balance your mind and body.

Arjunarishta or Marutham capsule can be continued for old age people to prevent many cardiac complications or disease. It will never worsen the block. It is good to continue.

Can antral gastritis cause hunger?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with antral gastritis, lots of acid in stomach and reflux. Problems started after I took some medicines. Since then I am always hungry. I eat more than before the problem started, but still I feel hungry. I am also suffering from excessive hair loss. Why am I always hu...  Read Full »

Can a change from allopathy to ayurveda antidepressant cause fatigue?

Query: Hello doctor, I had allopathic antidepressant for the past two years. Now, I replaced that by ayurveda treatment, but I am feeling very much fatigue, tired, lazy and dizzy. What is the reason? Currently, I am having Manasamitra vatakam medicine.  Read Full »

How does yoga help senior citizens?

Query: Hi doctor, What are the health benefits and trends for yoga for senior citizens? Are there studios that have classes or professionals that cater to this demographic? Why choose yoga over other forms of fitness and stretching?  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now