Q. Is it necessary to get blood pressure checked before dental filling?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I get really bad anxiety when I have to get my blood pressure taken. I am not really sure why, but it has caused me to stop going to the dentists ever since they started taking blood pressure readings. I have a cavity that I have put off getting filled for a long time because of it. Is there any way I can get around having my blood pressure taken and get this cavity filled? My anxiety brings me to tears. I do not know what to do anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#

I have gone through your question and I can understand your concern. There is no need of BP reading if you do not have hypertension. Blood pressure reading is nothing but a simple instrument as is your watch. So there is nothing to worry. At the age of 34, you cannot be a hypertension patient. So enjoy the reading. In case you are further apprehensive, tell the dentist you do not want it. There is no need of BP reading in simple procedures like filling.

|