Q. My mind is not stable. I need your help.

Dr. Youness Tanani
Published on Jul 21, 2018

I am in depression. Feeling nervous. Feeling guilty. Suffering from over thinking. Suffering from mood swings. I need your help.

Dr. Youness Tanani

Nutritionist Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor
#

I guess you did not mention all symptoms. If you did so, then it shows you are suffering from anxiety and not depression as the last one could be more chronic.

From my experience, you will need two medications to get better from this situation.

1. An antianxiety drug for short period not exceeding 90 days, such as Alprazolam (Xanax) initial dose of 0.5 mg three times a day (not an antidepressant as it will not work properly and will take time).
  2. You need a stabilizer such as Pristiq (Desvenlafaxine) 50 mg before bedtime, it may take up to 40 days to show a notable change and mood stability. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

| 

How to overcome my mood swings and change my behavior?

Query: Hi doctor, I often feel very low, anxious, and stressed. I try diverting myself, but I still get into a trance, where I feel sad. I am afraid of losing people, and keep thinking about what they think and how they feel. Even though they are not worthy of my sorry at times, I still apologize out of ...  Read Full »

Postpartum Depression

Article Overview: Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depression. Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Postpartum Depression Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depress...  Read Article

Depression - Awareness, Self-Diagnosis, and Treatment Modalities

Article Overview: Depression is among the top five causes of morbidity in today’s world. It remains largely undiagnosed and underreported because of a lack of adequate knowledge, both among the patients as well as the physicians. It is majorly characterized by the presence of a continuous sad mood, anhedonia, and easy fatiguability along with a host of secondary symptoms, which aid in quantifying the severity of the depressive disorder. So, it is the need of the hour that awareness is raised among the masses regarding this illness that is soon poised to be the number one cause of morbidity. Read Article

Dr. Ajay Singh

Depression has been recorded in the annals of history since time immemorial, but never has it assumed so much significance as it has in today’s world. With the advent of technology today, the human society is evolving by leaps and bounds with every passing day. As the saying goes that every co...  Read Article