Q. Suffering from anxiety, and panic attacks for the last 3 years. Need second opinion on the prescription.

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Choudhary and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Anxiety or Panic Attack? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Dear Doctor,

• I am suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for the last 3 years.
  • I went to a neurologist 2 years back and he advised me to take REXIPRA 10 for 3 months, SOLTUS 50 for 6 months, HEMIDAP PLUS for 9 months & ZEPAM .5 for 12 months. Upon following these medications, I was improving but was not absolutely fine. And after 1 year I visited the same doctor again and he advised me to take ZEPAM .5, REXIPRA 5 & AMIXIDE.
  • Now I am absolutely feeling restless, sleep deprived and very anxious.
  • When I leave these medicine, I feel addicted and I am in immediate need of it.
  • Absolute anxiety and nervousness, high pulse rate and high BP.
  • I am not able to understand whether I am suffering from a neurological or a psychological problem.
  • Should I consult a neurologist or a psychiatrist?
  • 25 years/ male, height 6 feet, weight 70 kg.

Please help.