Q. Suffering from anxiety, and panic attacks for the last 3 years. Need second opinion on the prescription.

This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 14, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

Dear Doctor,

• I am suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for the last 3 years.
  • I went to a neurologist 2 years back and he advised me to take REXIPRA 10 for 3 months, SOLTUS 50 for 6 months, HEMIDAP PLUS for 9 months & ZEPAM .5 for 12 months. Upon following these medications, I was improving but was not absolutely fine. And after 1 year I visited the same doctor again and he advised me to take ZEPAM .5, REXIPRA 5 & AMIXIDE.
  • Now I am absolutely feeling restless, sleep deprived and very anxious.
  • When I leave these medicine, I feel addicted and I am in immediate need of it.
  • Absolute anxiety and nervousness, high pulse rate and high BP.
  • I am not able to understand whether I am suffering from a neurological or a psychological problem.
  • Should I consult a neurologist or a psychiatrist?
  • 25 years/ male, height 6 feet, weight 70 kg.

Please help.

#

I read your query and understood your concern.

As per your diagnosis of anxiety and panic attacks, there should be no doubt whether you need neurologist or psychiatrist.

Both these conditions come under the domain of psychiatrist and they are more able to treat these conditions.

Other than anxiety and panic attacks you have got addiction problem because of the wrong use of medicines.

In my view there is no role of SOLTUS in case of anxiety and panic attacks. If you feel fine with an online psychiatry consultation session (via phone or video chat), then I will be happy to help you.

You con contact me by either putting a detailed query or booking an online consultation.

|