Q. Suffering from anxiety, and panic attacks for the last 3 years. Need second opinion on the prescription.

Answered by
Dr. Ashok Kumar Choudhary
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
Published on Oct 14, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Dear Doctor,

  • I am suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for the last 3 years.
  • I went to a neurologist 2 years back and he advised me to take REXIPRA 10 for 3 months, SOLTUS 50 for 6 months, HEMIDAP PLUS for 9 months & ZEPAM .5 for 12 months. Upon following these medications, I was improving but was not absolutely fine. And after 1 year I visited the same doctor again and he advised me to take ZEPAM .5, REXIPRA 5 & AMIXIDE.
  • Now I am absolutely feeling restless, sleep deprived and very anxious.
  • When I leave these medicine, I feel addicted and I am in immediate need of it.
  • Absolute anxiety and nervousness, high pulse rate and high BP.
  • I am not able to understand whether I am suffering from a neurological or a psychological problem.
  • Should I consult a neurologist or a psychiatrist?
  • 25 years/ male, height 6 feet, weight 70 kg.

Please help.

Dr. Ashok Kumar Choudhary

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I read your query and understood your concern.

As per your diagnosis of anxiety and panic attacks, there should be no doubt whether you need neurologist or psychiatrist.

Both these conditions come under the domain of psychiatrist and they are more able to treat these conditions.

Other than anxiety and panic attacks you have got addiction problem because of the wrong use of medicines.

In my view there is no role of SOLTUS in case of anxiety and panic attacks. If you feel fine with an online psychiatry consultation session (via phone or video chat), then I will be happy to help you.

You con contact me by either putting a detailed query or booking an online consultation.

Also Read Answers From:

Related Questions & Answers

Can Anxiety And Stress Cause Frequent Urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I had anxiety issues since childhood. I have been jumping from one idea to another for a long time but it has been three years I have an issue with frequent urination. It started in a bad time for me when I was obsessing that I have HIV. No burning, just sligh...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I like to state that the stress and anxiety can affect almost every organ of the body and polyuria is not an exception. In other words, yes the stress can cause almost all the symptoms narrated in your qu...  Read Full

Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD)

Article Overview: A 35-year-old woman came to me with a chief complaint of muscle tension. She stated that she has experienced a considerable amount of muscle tension her entire life, but it has become increasingly worse over the last 12 months. Read Article

The above mentioned patient is suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). GAD can be defined as anxiety and worry about several events and activities for a majority of the day. The anxiety and worry of GAD differs from normal anxiety by its excessiveness, the difficu...  Read Article

What can cause panic attacks?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having panic attacks for the past 13 years. I have been to the hospital on multiple occasions and have been diagnosed with anxiety attacks every time. I have had EKGs and blood work done. All the reports are fine. Sometimes, I am having multiple panic attacks in a day and also...  Read Full >>

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For panic attacks and persistent anxiety, there is a need to get a medical checkup done. Hyperthyroidism, cardiac issues like angina, etc., could cause increased risk of panic attacks. So, if the panic attacks are persistent, then get one ECG done to rule out heart cause...  Read Full



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Psychologist Counsellor Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.