Q. What are the long acting drugs advised for anxiety?

Dr. Jayvirsinh Indrasinh Chauhan

I have been experiencing anxiety for a few years now. It started with a few random anxiety attacks, and soon it spread. I find it hard to leave the house on my own due to this. I feel ashamed, and my self-esteem is very low.

I am usually a proud person, very independent, determined and self-sufficient, but this issue has impacted my life negatively. I find it hard to socialize now due to shame about the anxiety symptoms showing up and this led to shyness. I feel depressed and have low energy. I do not enjoy the things I used to enjoy anymore. I had some significant losses and failures in my life in the past few years, and I think this might also be the cause for all this.

The anxiety symptoms are pretty much like panic. I get heart palpitations, cold hands and lots of muscle tension, especially in the neck, face, and eyes. If I feel very nervous, my neck gets so tense that it twitches. I also experience lots of self-criticism and guilt because of this. I have high expectations of myself and consider this problem to be unacceptable.

I tried many of the common homeopathic remedies for this (such as Ignatia, Staphysagria, Arsenicum, Sulphur, Graphites, Pulsatilla, Calc Carb) and nothing seems to help except for Aconite 200. The problem is that Aconite only helps temporarily. I need something that works more long-term. Is this something you can help me?

#

After Going through the details, I could narrow down to three medicines namely,

Ambra Grisea.

Hyoscyamus.

Baryta Carb.

I suggest you start with Ambra Grisea 1 M one dose and wait for 7 to 8 days. If you feel a change, then you can wait and repeat the medicine only when required. Also if it helped and then stopped working, then you can go for higher potency like 10 M.

If it does not help then go to the Hyoscyamus and then Baryta Carb the same way as the first one. If in case it helps. I would surely like to know the follow-up. With regular follow-ups and it can be managed more efficiently.

Some losses in the past few years.

None advised.

Ambra Grisea, Hyoscyamus, Baryta Carb.

Regular follow-ups about the action of the medicine are appreciated for at least at 10-15 days.

I tried Ambra Grisea 200 C, and there was no change. Should I still try the 1 M? Also, I tried Baryta Carb in 30 c and did not feel any difference. Should I go for Hyoscyamus first and see if it works?

#

Yes, try 1 M and then 10 M then go for the next medicine.

| 

No matter the situation, why do not I ever get happy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female. I am having a long-standing history of severe depression episodes on and off for 20 years. Despite everything, I have a degree, full-time job and home of my own. I have done really well last few years too after CBT. I have stayed well and even been promoted at ...  Read Full »

Can Anxiety And Stress Cause Frequent Urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I had anxiety issues since childhood. I have been jumping from one idea to another for a long time but it has been three years I have an issue with frequent urination. It started in a bad time for me when I was obsessing that I have HIV. No burning, just sligh...  Read Full »

I feel panic to face people in public. Is it fine to take Inderal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am getting panic to face people. I want to overcome it as it makes me sad. I am a teacher and this frustrates me when I have to say something in front of pupils. When I am in class I do not have a problem. But for example, when all the students gathered in the yard I used to avoid speak...  Read Full »

What should I take to relieve Flagyl induced constipation?
Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I am trying to overcome constipation caused by the Flagyl antibiotic, and I do...  Read more»
How long should my dad continue the same dosage of medicines after a stent surgery?
Hello doctor, My father had a heart stent operation six months ago. Doctor prescribed some medicines, and still, he is u...  Read more»

Ask a Homeopathic Physician Now