Q. What can I do if I have anxiety, depression, and regret issues due to my breakup?

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Anxiety, depression and regret about each decision I have made lead me to the sadness and feeling of missing out and dissatisfaction with everything. I feel like I have ruined everything by myself. I blame a lot to myself. I am still not over my breakup. I still want my ex back. What can I do? Kindly help.

#

I read your query and can understand your concern.

The first and most important thing is that you need to understand that everything cannot be controlled or corrected by you. A relationship comprises two people. It can never be just one person responsible for the outcome alone.

You have not mentioned what exactly happened, so I cannot advise an immediate solution, but let me try to give you some ways to help.

Feeling sad and depressed are two very different things.

If you feel the need, I suggest you get evaluated by a psychiatrist. They will ask you a few questions, and if you are diagnosed as clinically depressed, these feelings and negative thoughts may be coming because of it so you will need medications and therapy.

If the feelings are because of what happened and not because you are clinically depressed, I would suggest just talking to a counselor, sorting out these feelings, and finding some solutions to move forward.

Thank you and take care.

|