Common "Anxiety" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


Anxiety is accompanied by fear, increased heart rate, sweating, and heavy breathing. It is normal to feel anxious once in a while. But, when the feeling of worry does not go away and gets worse with time, it requires to be treated.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Antidepressants are not helping me. Please suggest.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 65 years old, and I have seen a few psychiatrists from a young age. I have taken a lot of antidepressants. In the past, I have been on Anafranil, Zoloft, Aropax, Cymbalta, Pristiq, Lithium, Avanza, Amitryptiline, Allegron, Tofranil, and Luvox. I have not been on any antipsychotic o...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to If the testosterone levels are low, then it needs to be treated. Also, you get a thyroid profile test, and vitamin D levels as a problem in them can also present similarly. There are plenty of treatment options available. You can discuss with your treating psychiatri...  Read Full »

I take Escitalopram. Will it cause harm in the long term?

Query: Hi doctor, I was prescribed Etizolam 0.5 mg and Escitalopram for a month, as I had insomnia, stress, and anxiety. However, during the last week, it did not seem to work. I was struggling with sleep. Is it possible that I become addicted to the drug? Will I need a higher dose to get the same effect? ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Etizolam is not a sleep medicine but an anxiolytic. Long-term use of benzodiazepines like Etizolam is not advisable because of tolerance and addiction potential. They are used for a short-term to support the main medications like Escitalopram, which need to be taken fo...  Read Full »

I am a 19-year-old with severe anxiety and hypertension. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 19 years old and completely healthy, other than severe anxiety and maybe hypertension. When I went to the doctor a couple of months ago, I had a panic attack, and my BP was 168/108 mmHg, then 158/100 mmHg. What disorders could cause high blood pressure at such a young age? Can this ki...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I thoroughly read your query and understand your concern. Hypertension can be due to several causes, the most common being essential hypertension, of which the exact cause is not known. A sedentary lifestyle, obesity, high salt or sodium intake, and substance use can a...  Read Full »

How to manage depression alternating with anxiety?

Query: Hello doctor, I have severe depression alternating with severe anxiety. I have tried many medicines. Currently, I am taking 40 gm of Prozac in the morning and 30 mg of Remeron at bedtime. But during the day, I am a nervous basketcase. No doctors will give me any Benzodiazepine for some reason. I hav...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to In my opinion, you can discuss with the treating psychiatrist the following options: I suggest Increasing dose of Prozac (Fluoxetine), substituting Prozac with Prestiq (Desvenlafaxine), Wellbutrin (Bupropion) or Zoloft (Sertraline). You can also opt for concurrent CBT ...  Read Full »

My symptoms have worsened and my behavior has changed even after treatment for depression and separation anxiety. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with depression and separation anxiety when I was 16 years old and was on anxiety medication. I am now 18 years old, but lately, my symptoms have worsened, and my behavior has changed. I am taking medicines for depression, but still, my outlook on life has become negati...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have read your query, and I can understand your concern. Your description matches a depressive disorder or early manifestation of schizoaffective disorder. However, further evaluation is needed for proper diagnosis. I would suggest you undergo a thyroid profile te...  Read Full »

I worry that something bad could happen to me. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have some issues with my mental health I feel a voice inside my head, thinking always about the worst consequences, the worst things I can not even imagine. I can not control this. I try to forget it, but I am just failing again and again. This has happened before, but somehow I manag...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have read your query, and understand your concern. From your description, it appears to be ruminations. Kindly do a self-rating test for OCD (Obsessive-compulsive disorder), which you can easily find on the internet. If it is indicative of OCD, I suggest you consu...  Read Full »

I have been suffering from panic disorder. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I might have panic disorder. I was researching the symptoms because I had a weird episode. I guess I could call it what I have had in the past (a lot of times), and when I have these episodes, I have most of the symptoms of panic disorder. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to You can screen yourself for panic disorder. Do a self-rating test like the PAS self-rating test, which you can easily find online. But exact diagnosis can only be made after a detailed evaluation by a psychiatrist in person. Treatment can then be given accordingly. Tre...  Read Full »

I have been feeling depressed and anxious after separating from my husband. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been feeling depressed for a year after separating from my husband. I also feel constant fear of people and have very low self-confidence. My doctor has advised me to take one tablet of Escitalopram 20 mg and one tablet of Paroxetine 12 mg daily in the morning. My medical histo...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, I am delighted you turned to with your medical-related questions. I can certainly relate to your worries, and will do my best to assist. First of all, I would like to mention that sometimes you do not have control over situations and what others do, but what matters is how yo...  Read Full »

I have shivering despite taking medications. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 37 years old. I have hand shivering, talking problems, and difficulty maintaining eye contact with people. I have had high blood pressure, and I am taking Telimikind-AM. I consulted a specialist doctor for shivering issues, and I have been taking Betacap TR 40 mg for the past two y...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. The symptoms could be due to an anxiety spectrum disorder. Consult a psychiatrist in person for detailed evaluation and treatment. Concurrent cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and pharmacotherapy would be helpful. Foll...  Read Full »

I started getting depressed because of my crippling dread of failing, and now I suffer from anxiety. Please assist.

Query: Hello doctor, I am terrified of everything because of my previous life. I have no idea what is going on in my life. My confidence is gone. I have an intense fear of failing. As a student in my previous life, I wanted to be an actor. I took this so seriously that I performed exercise and worked out e...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and can understand your concern. First, tough times occasionally arise in life, but they eventually pass. You will be good; your life is valuable. A good diagnosis necessitates a thorough evaluation by a psychiatrist, which you must contact in person...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.