Q. How to use Argyreia speciosa for gonorrhea and syphilis?

Dr. Sheena Rony
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jun 23, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 26, 2019

I want information regarding Argyreia speciosa. I have heard that the plant has also been used to treat gonorrhea and syphilis. I am finding it hard to find traditional preparation techniques for treating these conditions. Kindly guide.

Dr. Sheena Rony

#

Argyrea speciosa (vriddhadaru) it has been used traditionally for treating several diseases like gonorrhea, syphilis, diabetes, to improve fertility rate, etc. It is valuable parts leaves, root, and seeds. Leaves can be heated and directly applied over pustules for promoting healing, seeds Nina be powdered and given in the firm of cold infusion or devotions. 15 ml of decoction with 15 ml of water one hour before food twice daily is administered. Although for these conditions still more effective drugs are available like blood purifiers, those can be administered too.

Will Isotretinoin affect my HIV and syphilis tests?

Query: Hi doctor, I was taking Isotretinoin tablet from four months, and I stopped taking it. I had dry mouth, sores, thick line inside cheeks, some rough patches inside cheeks and lips also. But even after stopping Isotretinoin, I still have these problems. I have a lot of hair loss, nearly 300 to 400 per...  Read Full >>

Dr. Rajesh Deshwal
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Whatever you have described in your complaints are basically the side effects of Isotretinoin. You have no chance of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) and syphilis. You can go ahead with your pregnancy plans. All the best.¬†Best wishes. For more information consult an in...  Read Full

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now