Arm Pain

How to treat the pain in the left forearm and in the right leg?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 28-year-old male. 1) I have been experiencing pain in my left forearm. It suddenly started, and there was a constant pain in almost the entire forearm. I went to sleep, and it continued to pain, so after a couple of hours, I took Paracetamol. It went away after that. The next day...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As there is no history of injury and the duration of symptoms is only a few days, then it is not worrying. Apply ice over the area and keep it elevated, and do not massage. Take anti-inflammatory tablets like WillgoCR or Voveran (Diclofenac) once daily after meals. ...  Read Full »

I have pain in my left arm and jaws along with dry mouth. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a bad pain in my left arm and jaws. Lightheaded and dry mouth, and hence got the test done.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports, and they are normal. This is unlikely to be related to the heart. A similar kind of pain may occur in reflux disease. Do you get any bloating, burping, soar water feeling in mouth or chest burning intermittently? If yes, then it likely...  Read Full »

I have pain in my right arm. Should I check whether my arteries have clogged?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 43-year-old. I have some not so mild pain in my right arm for the past two days. Since yesterday, I have some pain in my chest, towards the right. It pains when I cough or clear my throat. Pain is not unbearable but not mild also. Two days back, I felt a bit weak in my right arm,...  Read Full »

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome on icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your medical history and would like to explain that your clinical symptomatology does not seem to be cardiac-related. Pain modulated by coughing or body posture modulation goes in favor of an extra-cardiac cause, most likely a respiratory i...  Read Full »

Can masturbation cause hand numbness?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been masturbating for about 11 years and from a few weeks my right elbow started paining. Numbness had appeared recently. I am a software engineer and I am working with computer for the past 11 years. When I sleep on my back and have my forehands over my chest, they become numb som...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question with care and understand that you have numbness of your hands when you sleep. First and foremost, masturbation is physiological and it is a normal phenomenon. It does not cause any problem or any side effects. It does not interfere with your ge...  Read Full »

Why does my left arm keep twitching?

Query: Hello doctor,  Recently, I have been playing quite a lot of sport. However, my left bicep seems to be going into spasm or is twitching. There is no pain, but I cannot stop it. Please help. It is only on my left arm.  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Naidu

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the entire history of yours and my findings and suggestions are as follows: Muscle twitching is a common scenario in people playing sports, especially if you do strengthening exercises. You mentioned that you play sports, but I am not sure which on...  Read Full »

What does uncovertebral hypertrophy in C5 and C6 mean?

Query: Hi doctor, I would just like to have my MRI reports in layman's term. At C3-C4 there is mild bulging of the annulus fibrosis. The facet joints and uncovertebral joints appear normal. At C4-C5 there is degenerative disc disease with disc space narrowing. There is a broad-based focal disc protrusion...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Solanki

General Surgeon, Neuro Surgeon, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you have undergone surgery at the level of C6-C7, which are the 6th and 7th bones of the spine in the neck. At the level of C5-C6, due to disc protrusion and joint thickening, the space around the ner...  Read Full »

I am suffering from chest pain and arm pain associated with fever and vomiting. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from right side chest pain and right arm and also have fever and vomiting. What should I do? Is it symptoms of something big?  Read Full »

Dr. Y Siva Roja

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you have diabetes. Patients with diabetes need not always be present with typical chest pain in case of any sudden cardiac event; symptoms like right sided pain, and persistent vomiting should not be taken lightly. And also you did not mentio...  Read Full »

I have chest pain, back pain, arm pain, and shortness of breath. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have chest pain, back pain, left arm pain, and slightly shortness of breath for the past two years. The pain remains constant all the time. I also have irritation and tingling for the last two years continuously. I have done ECG, echo, TMT, and CT angiography twice, and everything i...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms do not seem to be due to a heart problem. Tingling sensations, irritation, etc., are not caused by the heart. Your symptoms more or less seem to be due to some nerve irritation which may be localized or generalized. I advise you to consult a neurologist f...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in the back of chest with poor bowel movements?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. I started having a sharp pain in my right arm shoulder which probably originates from the right back of my chest. Also, my bowel movements have not been clear since some time. I took a Pantoprazole with Domperidone, guessing that this might be due to gas.  Read Full »

Dr. Magesh T

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like a simple musculoskeletal pain and then you have been taking this Pantoprazole and Domperidone medicines and that could give some symptomatic relief but this looks like a musculoskeletal pain. Maybe you could have tried taking some muscle relaxant like Myor...  Read Full »

Can low vitamin D cause pain in arm, hip and knee?

Query: Hi doctor, I have just found out that I am very low in vitamin D. I have just had lots of different blood tests, bone profile, 12 folates complete blood count, vitamin D and a couple of others, all came back normal apart from vitamin D. I have been getting an aching pain in my upper arm and elbow, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Lohit Chauhan

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I cannot say it with utmost certainty, but yes it could be due to low vitamin D3 levels. The majority of patients with moderate to mild vitamin D deficiency (serum vitamin D between 15 and 20. The majority of patients with moderate to mild vitamin D deficiency (serum 25...  Read Full »