Q. I get pain in my right arm, especially with neck movement. Is this a serious problem?

Dr. Anuj Gupta

I have pain in my right arm for two months. Whenever I move my neck, there is a pain in my right arm. Find herewith attached doctor prescription at that time when I have pain in the neck and cannot move. I also had pain in the backside of the right hand.

I have to spend a lot of time on PC and phone call. Pain increases while I move my neck and also feel weakness in the arm. Will it create a serious problem for me? Can you give me some more suggestion about what I should do.

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopedics And Traumatology Spine Surgery
#

Keep your right arm above your head and tell me does this position give you relief or increase your pain?

| 

This position gives me relief.

Dr. Anuj Gupta

#

Well, then this seems to be a cervical disc problem. Kindly tell me the medications which are mentioned in the prescription are giving you any relief (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

| 

I have not these medications now. I took this before two years when I have a problem in the neck. Now I have problems in my right arm and backside. I feel difficulty while moving my head up and down.

Dr. Anuj Gupta

#

Well, this problem is due to cervical disc. As far as the treatment part is concerned, there are three ways to go about it.

1. Conservative.

2. Nerve root block.

3. Surgery.

All these is to alleviate your pain as of now. But to prevent the recurrence of pain, you need to make some lifestyle changes. So let me discuss first lifestyle changes. Then I will tell you about conservative management.

In lifestyle changes, there are three things:

1. Proper posture- maintain good posture while working. Do not slouch. Keep the laptop at eye level. Do not watch TV or mobile in wrong posture half sitting on sofa or bed. And do not sit for more than 45 minutes at a stretch.

2. Regular walking - walk for 45 minutes at a stretch daily.

3. Isometric neck exercises - you can learn these exercises from internet and do them regularly.

So these are necessary lifestyle changes to prevent this problem again and again.

Now coming to the conservative management. Kindly let me know which pain of yours is more, neck or arm?

| 

You are right because from a long time, I have been watching mobile while sleeping and I am also doing the dual tasks while working. Is there any requirement to take any medicine?

Dr. Anuj Gupta

#

If arm pain is more, then you need to take neurotropic drugs. They are quite safe, but we need to titrate the dose. Gradually we have to increase the dose until you get relief. So you need to be in my regular follow-up for titration of dose. Usually, patients on icliniq do not follow up. They feel only one-time consultation should give them relief. But it is not possible.

So if you are of the same belief, then you should consult with some other doctor who is capable of giving relief in one consultation.

Start tablet Zerodol-TH (Aceclofenac and Thiocolchicoside) twice daily for two weeks, capsule Pregabalin 75 mg once at night.

Start these and tell me after three days.

| 

I will start these medicines.

Dr. Anuj Gupta

#

You are welcome. Keep in touch for furhter doubts.

| 

How to download the prescription?

Dr. Anuj Gupta

#

Welcome back toicliniq.com.

I have submitted from my side. It will be approved from icliniq side and will be sent on your mail.

|